I was behind the bravest driver in MA today

My guess is that it is not related to the President

I hope not to offend but my first thought was it is probably a lesbian. No way would you come across a republican in Cambridge coupled with it being a Jetta.

I hope not to offend but my first thought was it is probably a lesbian. No way would you come across a republican in Cambridge coupled with it being a Jetta.

HEY! - I drive a Jetta!

Then again, it's NOT yellow, NOT in Cambridge and IS a GLI. Ask the cretin in the Dodge Ram that tried to catch me on 495 Saturday how fast it goes...

That settles it

There is no such thing as a lawyer driving a Jetta that is conservative. Please post your guns in the classified section.

Being a former ramp truck driver, I can tell you they suck to tow, with a capital SUCK. They wouldn't be that bad, but I towed a lot of them on a regular basis, and VW has a tendency of sticking rubber plugs in the T-hook slots, and filling the holes with underbody coating.

Oh, and if you drive one and you're a male that makes you a pansy. Get a Ram.[grin]

It was a bright yellow VW Jetta driving through Cambridge with a personalized plate that read:

BUSH

Keep your eyes out for it

OK- not to be a naysayer, but since it WAS Cambridge, AND a yellow Jetta, there is a chance that they really love that terrible British band Bush. Though I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Were there any bumper stickers to confirm that it was GWB?

Oh, and if you drive one and you're a male that makes you a pansy. Get a Ram.[grin]

I don't "do" sheep.

OH, you mean the Dodge. If I wanted to be a truck driver, I'd have dropped out of school and joined the Teamsters... [slap]

Last edited:
I hear what you're saying

OK- not to be a naysayer, but since it WAS Cambridge, AND a yellow Jetta, there is a chance that they really love that terrible British band Bush. Though I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Were there any bumper stickers to confirm that it was GWB?

But I never said they were GWB fans. Whatever their political affiliation it still takes guts to have that plate on your car in this state

If I wanted to be a truck driver, I'd have dropped out of school and joined the Teamsters... [slap]

I drive a Ram. So does Chris... And at least one more here... Are you saying that you're better than us?

BTW, the Dodge Ram has a speed limit in the computer for 110 MPH. So no matter how hard you mash the gas, it ain't going any faster.

But then again, it ain't built for speed...

You go ahead and stick to your jetta there little fella, us MEN will drive real vehicles!

Jetta's and Passats, both are...GHEY!

The real VWs are long gone... The Notch Backs, Fast Backs, Karmann Ghias, and to the newer ones were the Sharaco and the Corrado...

Anything else is made for the girls to be driving...fast or not...the new VWs are Chick Cars...

Well, I'll give the new Phaeton W12 is pretty cool as is the Touarag...but that's about it. Unless you're talking about the European models...then some of those are pretty cool...I like the Eos..

Yea, but it's cool technology wise... And that W12 is one cool engine.

If the W12 is anthing like the W8, it will suck. The W8 had cylinder heads that would warp and leaked like crazy. When we bought my wife's Passat, we could have got a W8 for the same $$ and inside the W8 was slightly nicer with dual zone climate and cooled seats, but the engine had such a horrible rep that I passed.

By the way, the Passat is one of the best deals out there. It's basically the last version of the Audi A4 without the Audi price tag. In fact, on our car, a lot of the parts are marked Audi. We have 70,000 miles on it now and the only issue was a fuel pump which was completely covered by the warrenty. I've done all the maintanence and it's pretty simple. Even changing spark plugs is easy.

As for the Dodge Ram, I love it. Never had anyone want to race me. Probably because I demand that we run two courses, one I pick and one they pick and then combine the times and lowest time wins. Of course, most of them backed out when I explained my course was 200 ft of mud.

As for a Jetta with a plate that says "Bush", they might have lost a bet... Although the 14 week wait for a bet loss must have been nuts. I'm still waiting for my scooter's plate.

BTW, the Dodge Ram has a speed limit in the computer for 110 MPH. So no matter how hard you mash the gas, it ain't going any faster.

But then again, it ain't built for speed...

Making the driver in question as stupid as he is obnoxious - Jettas don't suffer from that limitation - neither do their drivers.

You go ahead and stick to your jetta there little fella, us MEN will drive real vehicles!

I intend to - and you are free to drive big trucks to compensate for your little "whatevers" ....... [pot]

HEY! - I drive a Jetta!

I drive a Ram. So does Chris... And at least one more here...

I'm going to have to defend Scrivener on this one.
1. Jettas are cool. (and economical at $3.00+/gal.)
2. Determining one's masculinity based on what one drives is rather sophomoric.
3. Ram is made by Dodge.
4. Dodge makes crappy vehicles. (and I'm not buying any of that "Dodge is the same as Daimler-Benz" crap either)

For the record, I drive a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado Pick-up. I am looking at the new VW GTI for a second car, though...

Chris

To bring this back on topic. When I was a new paramedic I was assigned to Brookline. I made a point of always parking my car where it could be seen by the pedestrians walking by the garage. Across the top of the rear window was my University of Smith and Wesson sticker.

Here! Here! You tell 'em!

VW's are just moving speed bumps for us!

ChristosX said:
2. Determining one's masculinity based on what one drives is rather sophomoric.
It's not determining masculinity, it just fun to drive!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom