I was behind the bravest driver in MA today

and you are free to drive big trucks to compensate for your little "whatevers" ....... [pot]

Don't know what you mean...

Here is a pic of me getting ready...

AdamLovin.jpg

With as hard as it is snowing out there...a solor blanket might be needed, although, keeping warm shouldnt be a problem with nice nugg in the sack...

[thinking] my dream car involves a crew cab and extended bed so I don't know what you're talking about...
Don'tcha just love the generalizations that involve products being for girls as a putdown? [thinking] Never mind the fact that I like boy toys (note I didn't say toy boys....there seems to be plenty of those around here [wink] )

And for the record, I drive a pickup, not full size, but it's a Ranger that gets 23 mpg around town.

Don'tcha just love the generalizations that involve products being for girls as a putdown? [thinking] Never mind the fact that I like boy toys (note I didn't say toy boys....there seems to be plenty of those around here [wink] )

And for the record, I drive a pickup, not full size, but it's a Ranger that gets 23 mpg around town.

You mean you all girls don't drive pink cabriolet's? [rofl]

I don't know...I've got a Jeep...which is Dodge and I've got almost 150K on it and only do routine maintance on it...

Granted I loved all my AMC Jeeps...

My last Dodge Ram had almost 200K on it.... My Other truck (also a Chrysler product) had 187K on it when I got rid of it...

I'm perfectly happy!

I hope not to offend but my first thought was it is probably a lesbian. No way would you come across a republican in Cambridge coupled with it being a Jetta.

Well, it's possibly a student, too. I go in and out of cambridge every day for
work... and I see a few holdouts here and there. There are numerous
people that have to work and learn there that would prefer
not to, but sometimes one doesn't really have a choice in the matter,
especially if you want a piece of paper from one of the big name schools
around here.

-Mike

Hey, I never said taht it was a put down....

But VWs and 9mm's are of the same cloth.

oh man am I going to be in trouble>

Cpher- the difference is that most 9mms don't suck as badly as newer
VW products do, at least in terms of reliability. :) A buddy of
mine used to own a Jetta, and it was a maintenance whore.

The germans figured out how to make cars go very fast, at the cost
of long term reliability. Now you can get a jap car that rarely breaks
and goes 95% the speed of a german one, so why bother? :)

The only german car I like is the BMW M series. At least if im going to
buy something that breaks occasionally, it'll at least go fast in the
intervals between its breakdowns.

-Mike

I just came back to the thread, this sure has degenerated

into quite a post.

Sorry to cause such a fervor but I was just messing around. I will stand by the fact that it was not GWB supporter though. I am sure there was bumper sticker they had yet to attach, which I saw around these parts the other day. "The only Bush I trust is my own" Oh so eloquently stated.

I remove myself from the Jetta is for girls argument though.

That's why I got rid of my 2000 GTI GLX after 40,000 miles. That and the fact that the VW stealership was completely incompetent. Lovely interior. Nice car, when it ran. It's been a few years since I've gone through the litany of things that broke on that car, including:

1) new rear struts twice (needed them again when I sold it).
2) starter motor
3) MAF
4) coil pack
5) AC compressor (or condensor, can't remember)
6) rear brakes after 20,000 miles
7) thermostat
8) plug wires
9) 2nd gear grind (never fixed).

Getting most of these things fixed required multiple visits to the stealership due to "could not duplicate" or parts on order, or "fixed now" (but it's not).

I've got almost 50,000 miles on my 2003 4Runner. Here's the list of problems so far:

1) replaced front brakes at 47,000 miles
2) rear hatch is rattling

There's plenty I don't like about my 4Runner. But the thing is reliable.

I drive a Ram.

BTW, the Dodge Ram has a speed limit in the computer for 110 MPH. So no matter how hard you mash the gas, it ain't going any faster.

Dodge obviously understands the limitations of its products - and their owners.

Note that neither VWs nor their drivers operate under any such handicap. [flame]

Cpher- the difference is that most 9mms don't suck as badly as newer

The germans figured out how to make cars go very fast, at the cost
of long term reliability. Now you can get a jap car that rarely breaks
and goes 95% the speed of a german one, so why bother? :)

-Mike

Amen to that. We bought two 1979 VW Rabbits, one new (gas) and one used (diesel - we were driving ~75mi/day to work). Got to the point that both the Service Manager recognized my voice on the phone and I recognized his when he called me!

Bought a new 1987 Toyota Camry, had it 14 years and it was at the dealers no more than 5 times in those 14 years (3x were warranty issues)! Had a new 1989 Acura Integra for 14 years that was also very good (except body that rotted). Now have two Honda Civics and love them. Gotta hand it to the Japanese, they did design cars to run and run!

Dodge obviously understands the limitations of its products - and their owners.

Note that neither VWs nor their drivers operate under any such handicap. [flame]

blah, blah, blah.... As usual, I see your lips moving, but can't hear what you're saying!

The speed limiter is for the tires. Stock sedans usually come with H- or V-rated tires, good for 130 MPH and 149 MPH respectively. If you had the nuggets, you would have found that out the fun way by now!

Had a new 1989 Acura Integra for 14 years that was also very good (except body that rotted).
Ditto. I got an '87 Integra new and ran it for 13 years. When I sold it at 137,000 miles, the body was rotting, but drivetrain was in great shape. That was a great car.

Back
Top Bottom