I want to learn how to reload.

Hello All. I would like to learn how to do my own reloading. I want to learn Pistol and Rifle. Can anyone recomend a place I could take classes ot learn?

Thank you.

There are members on this site that offer reloading classes I am sure they will chime in promptly and get you set up. Finding a buddy that reloads is another route to go, don't know where you are, but I am sure there is a NES member willing to spend some time with you - especially if you go GREEN

Hello. Thank you for the responce. I am located in Quincy, Massachusetts. I am more then willing to travel around New England to learn (MA, NH, ME, VT, CT, RI). Thank you.

Watch the videos that are at the top of the reloading forum. Buy a loading manual and +1 to finding supermoto. I do not know him but from reading his post's he knows his stuff.

I was in your position just a couple months ago. I ended up reading various articles on the Internet. Watched a couple hours of videos on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/ammosmith).

I read the ABC's of Reloading.

Ended up buying the Lee Challenger Kit, couple pairs of die sets, callipers, bullet puller, Spree reloading manual, universal reloading block and that was it to get started. (Good Reference Here). After that it was a matter of finding primers, powder, bullets and brass. That is what this thread I started was for.

There is free reloading classes up at the Kittery Trading Post every couple months. I went to 2 and that is how I got my start.

I've had some of my students report that the KTP "class" was disappointing at best.
Long on promise, short on delivery.

PM sent.

Its a starters class for sure... You need to take the time to ASK questions and then CLARIFY when you don't get a clear answer. I also stayed after the class was over to get additional instruction and went to both the beginners and intermediate class.
I did this class and got a very strong understanding on how to reload for $0.00 :) ABC's of reloading also is a must read IMO

Last edited:
I'll private message you on Saturday as I leave work just for the heck of it.

Your not that far from the Harvard club; I like that range alot.

I attended a class at KTP just to see if I could get anything out of it. I didn't go to the beginner class, but it definitely wasn't bad for free. It will give you a basic understanding of whats going on though.

If you could set up a time with EC I would think that would be very worthwhile. Hell I'd like to go. He has always thrown out damn good info. I can't see going wrong there.

Last edited:
Oh what happened, you edited the text of your first message! :)

I am in the process of doing them right now, stuffing/labeling them and then they're off. I would of done this anyhow but I'm off/on with reading the other sections of this board. I always wanted to do something, even if they use these letters to wipe their ass, at least I can say I tried. Just got to keep trying and never give up.

Sunday's are out of the picture; I got it. I figure we'll eventually meet up. I'm not in a rush, I dont care when it is.

Ok, back to the letters.

I've had some of my students report that the KTP "class" was disappointing at best.
Long on promise, short on delivery.

PM sent.
I went to one and learned next to nothing. It was their intro to reloading class which basically tells you that a press is used to make ammo.
Really didn't get into much of anything else.

The videos at the top of this forum are better.

Back
Top Bottom