• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I want a 1911

I think it's time to add a C&R 1911 to the collection. I just started reading/learning what to look for and the prices are all over the place. I want a good looking shooter and I'd like the frame and slide to match but the internal parts and mag can be from something else. RR, Ithaca, Colt, USS, I don't really care as long as it's war time era. Do you think it's realistic to find something nice for $1000?

expect a mismatched heavily refinished 1911-a1 for under a grand these days. once in a while you get lucky, but expect anywhere fro 1300-2500 for decent originals.

Here's a nice one, but it's not for sale.

IMG_3231.jpg

There's a nice one at North Shore firearms right now...but it's way out of my price range.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Save up your pennies and go to one of the BIG shows out West, Arizona or Nevada. The prices will be up there but any gun show that takes two days to see everything has far more to offer than a cramped over priced admission show that the wonderful folks [puke]who bring you Marlboro and Springfield can offer

I have a 1911A1 that has a post-war aluminum alloy frame, and the rest of the gun is all original Remington Rand parts. The finish is correct for a wartime RR (slide and frame match nicely) and you wouldn't know it's not all original until you looked closely, or picked it up because it's a lot lighter than an all-steel 1911. It's a beautiful shooter and I paid well under a grand for it. Something like that is an option for you if you get sticker shock from an all original gun.

014.jpg

I've since bought a set of replacement Keyes grips for it.

Last edited:
If you are interested I have an all original 1911A1 from @1934 in 95% condition with no refinishing work done to it. I can send some photos tonight. I am looking for $2500 but I am willing to entertain a reasonable offer.

I tried to PM you but the system says you box is full and can not recieve more until you empty it

Back
Top Bottom