• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I use to like Ruger, now I'm beginning to hate them (yup, it's time to rant)

Have you tried other pistols. Some pistols just fit so poorly it causes diacomfort. Anything with a small grip for me is harder to shoot and recoil engery hits differently.
Other tiny pistols have shitty triggers, that's what I like most about the LCP 2, and those that don't have shitty triggers would be the super small 1911's and they're way too heavy.

In the LCP, yes... at least I think. See, I like the LCP, I just can't do the recoil of .380 in it, at least not for more than 20 rounds and that limits my ability to practice with it.
. . . .the smaller bullet will give me more time to practice shooting before my hand starts shaking like Michael J Fox after a double espresso.

Sorry, but I can't imagine this. I think what you need is a knife with a comfy padded handle

Forget the LCR, the LCP, or any other subcompact or compact and shoot an appropriate defense round out of whatever pistol is heavy enough for you to handle the recoil -or- stay home -or- hire a bodyguard (maybe your wife or daughter can handle a firearm)
I'm pretty sure Ruger doesn't have a huge customer base of potential shooters whose hands shake like Michael J Fox after a double espresso if they shoot 20 rounds of .380

Keep sending those emails to Ruger though. They probably get a few laughs. Also probably nice for them to find out that not every wimpy handed individual is anti-gun

The only thing gayer than Ruger is .32 acp.

There are only 2 reasons Ruger still exists.

1) mouthbreathers
2) the 10/22

Attachments

• ZomboMeme 03012020152538.jpg
    ZomboMeme 03012020152538.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
You wanted a .32?? Not surprised they never responded or cared.

Ruger was dead to me after i tried to learn how to put a MK pistol back together, when i shot 30 rounds through my LCP, which i traded immediately after, and then finally got to handle one of their great AR15 rifles. It weighed like 14 lbs...

I really like my SR22 pistol though, that is a keeper. I have a 10/22 takedown but the only Ruger part is the magazine.

So i thought more about this and decided to search and see if anyone makes a .32 ACP barrel for the LCP. Turns out there is a company that makes one... for $250.

Hold up- you’re actually serious and not stringing us along on a 3 day charade? So far I’ve heard: too powerful, too much recoil, too heavy, not comfortable.
I was in cabelas the other day and saw that sig makes a very realistic air pistol and it even has realistic blowback action. Just saying.
Or maybe kel-tec and rock island can have a baby and make a .32tcm. I’m running out of ideas.

Hold up- you’re actually serious and not stringing us along on a 3 day charade? So far I’ve heard: too powerful, too much recoil, too heavy, not comfortable.
I was in cabelas the other day and saw that sig makes a very realistic air pistol and it even has realistic blowback action. Just saying.
Or maybe kel-tec and rock island can have a baby and make a .32tcm. I’m running out of ideas.
Are you seriously telling me that an air pistol is better than a .32 at self defense? Shit, if true, why haven't they made them in something small like the LCP? If you're willing to volunteer, I could use a test subject to gauge the effectiveness of an air pistol and .32.

As for .32 TCM, they have that already, but it's called .32 NAA and it's a .380 necked down to .32. It's actually really effective and uses the same bullets that the .32 Magnum uses and has similar ballistics, which means hollow points actually work. I thought about that too, but only Hornady makes ammo for it, the barrels costs as much as a .32 barrel does, and reloading dies cost as much as the barrel.

So I think my next step is to ask Ruger to make .32 ACP and .32 NAA barrels for the LCP instead of a whole gun.

That'll work, I am sure of it.
They would probably make a decent profit on the barrels then they do the guns because the guns require finishing, assembly, etc. The barrels are just barrels. They inspect a few from a batch, function test a few, and then package and put in the warehouse and get sold for $100 on the website.

They would probably make a decent profit on the barrels then they do the guns because the guns require finishing, assembly, etc. The barrels are just barrels. They inspect a few from a batch, function test a few, and then package and put in the warehouse and get sold for $100 on the website.

Did you explain how much of a profit Ruger would make by selling .32ACP or .32NAA barrels for the LCP in your email?

Here's what you fail to grasp: Ruger has to spend X amount of money to tool up and produce any part in-house or to give to a third party for the third-party to tool up. Ruger would need tools to make, measure, and build these barrels. A barrel isn't a minor part like a slide release, no, a barrel is a pressure-bearing part and a minutely-off measurement can be catastrophic for the shooter, like if the bore diameter isn't wide enough and constricts the projectile. So Ruger is already making a significant loss before one barrel hits the shelves. Do you have any idea how much tooling up to produce these barrels would cost? Did you articulate these costs to Ruger? I'm not talking about broad generalizations, I'm talking specific monetary figures that are realistic and include margins of error or market changes.

You also fail to grasp supply and demand. Markets exist when there's demand - a market with supply but no demand kills the supply because the supplier has no market to sell to and make a profit. The LCP is a pistol that's established on the market. Most people want the LC9 because its in 9x19, not because they want it in a relatively-obscure relic cartridge like .32ACP. People want ammo commonality with full sized pistols they also own like Glock 17s, Glock 19s, Beretta 92s, BHPs, CZ 75s, etc. That's the selling point of the LC9. Your idea is to remove that very desirable feature of the LC9 (I know the LC9 and the LCP aren't the same, but which one sells more? The LC9).

Literally no one in this thread agrees with you that a .32ACP or a .32NAA LCP is a good idea. That's a fair indicator of the demand side of this market. As an aside, I've shot a LC9 and the recoil wasn't the problem.

You're not understanding basic business and that's why Ruger, or we, don't take your idea seriously. If you want a .32-caliber LCP barrel, make one yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you explain how much of a profit Ruger would make by selling .32ACP or .32NAA barrels for the LCP in your email?
Never brought it up because I figured they'd rather make a gun and sell that instead, but no, they'd rather sell people an unreliable rimfire pistol.

Here's what you fail to grasp: Ruger has to spend X amount of money to tool up and produce any part in-house or to give to a third party for the third-party to tool up. Ruger would need tools to make, measure, and build these barrels. A barrel isn't a minor part like a slide release, no, a barrel is a pressure-bearing part and a minutely-off measurement can be catastrophic for the shooter, like if the bore diameter isn't wide enough and constricts the projectile. So Ruger is already making a significant loss before one barrel hits the shelves. Do you have any idea how much tooling up to produce these barrels would cost?
As a matter of fact, I do. The outside of the barrel would share the same dimensions as that of the .380 barrels, just the chamber and bore would be smaller for the smaller caliber, which means more strength to contain more pressure in a cartridge that has 1000 PSI less pressure.

You also fail to grasp supply and demand. Markets exist when there's demand - a market with supply but no demand kills the supply because the supplier has no market to sell to and make a profit. The LCP is a pistol that's established on the market. Most people want the LC9 because its in 9x19, not because they want it in a relatively-obscure relic cartridge like .32ACP. People want ammo commonality with full sized pistols they also own like Glock 17s, Glock 19s, Beretta 92s, BHPs, CZ 75s, etc. That's the selling point of the LC9. Your idea is to remove that very desirable feature of the LC9 (I know the LC9 and the LCP aren't the same, but which one sells more? The LC9).
I disagree, the Ruger has sold millions of LCP's, the LC9 I'm sure they've moved a lot, but the LCP has been the one of the best selling pistols Ruger has made since it was released in 2008. So, there's clearly a demand for small pistols, even those NOT in 9mm, thus showing that there is demand for pistols not in 9mm.

You can't say that there is no demand for a .32 becasue very few people make a .32 and therein lies the issue of low demand: the low supply. Kel Tec makes one, but there are a lot of people who don't trust that brand, is that because of the .32? No. Beretta makes a .32 as well, the 3032 Tomcat, and that has been a poor seller due to design flaws and the bulk of the pistol, not becasue of the caliber. North American Arms also makes a .32, but all North American Arms semi auto pistols are unpopular, especially the .380 due to its recoil.

However, the hottest selling surplus pistol of 2019 was a .32 caliber: the Beretta 81. Clearly there is a demand for .32 handguns.

Literally no one in this thread agrees with you that a .32ACP or a .32NAA LCP is a good idea. That's a fair indicator of the demand side of this market. As an aside, I've shot a LC9 and the recoil wasn't the problem.

That's a little something I call being wrong, but that's fine, if people want a hard recoiling cartridge in .380 that is more stressful on the gun and shortens its life and is largely incapable of delivering adequate penetration with an expanded hollow point, that's fine, their choice.

Of course, arguing AGAINST Ruger making such a gun and letting consumers decide is typical wiseguy mentality.

@T-Unit you literally have supply and demand backwards. Any company with a solid business plan that doesn't crash and burn within five years researches market demand first and then creates and sells a product to satisfy the demand. You don't create a product first and then magically sell products.

Do you know how a company makes a successful gun? They ask consumers about what consumers want. This is exactly how the world's most successful guns came into production, like the Remington 1100, the AR15, and the 1911 - the customer being either a military or a group of civilian/police consumers.

Also, where's your source saying that the Beretta 81 is now the new hotness in the milsurp market? Do you have a thread on here about how everyone is buying Beretta 81s? Or an article?

The only person in this thread acting out of a "typical wiseguy mentality" is you. The majority of posters in this thread thought you were trolling us, like @drgrant . One guy suggested you buy an air pistol because of how ridiculous this thread is.

Again, you want one? Make one.

@T-Unit you literally have supply and demand backwards. Any company with a solid business plan that doesn't crash and burn within five years researches market demand first and then creates and sells a product to satisfy the demand. You don't create a product first and then magically sell products.

Do you know how a company makes a successful gun? They ask consumers about what consumers want. This is exactly how the world's most successful guns came into production, like the Remington 1100, the AR15, and the 1911 - the customer being either a military or a group of civilian/police consumers.

Also, where's your source saying that the Beretta 81 is now the new hotness in the milsurp market? Do you have a thread on here about how everyone is buying Beretta 81s? Or an article?

The only person in this thread acting out of a "typical wiseguy mentality" is you. The majority of posters in this thread thought you were trolling us, like @drgrant . One guy suggested you buy an air pistol because of how ridiculous this thread is.

Again, you want one? Make one.
Last I checked, Ruger has been around 70 years, it's not like they would lose money off making a .32 LCP. That said, they would obviously make more money on a .22 LCP and yeah, the goal is to make money in business, but to sell people a less reliable product that people want actually fits Ruger's business model considering the decreasing quality of their revolvers, yet their sales remain strong.

Hey, there's a sucker born every minute.

There has been new evidence due to testing that has come out the last decade to make a claim that a .32 caliber, be it ACP or NAA, in the LCP is superior for defense compared to .380. If people wish to instead ignore that evidence and not demand the industry make firearms in the chambering and make ammo more available, they can dig their own grave.

I never said the Beretta 81 was the new hotness in the milsurp market because it's not a military surplus pistol. It's a police surplus pistol and I don't have any data to support the claim other than postings on forums. I have seen probably 10 to 1 more posts about the Beretta than I have a .40 Glock or other surplus pistol.

While I have no data to say it is, you can't find any data to refute my claim either.

Back
Top Bottom