• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I totally lost it at work today!

Without condoning their conduct, which is (at best) negligent, I'm not sure how anybody hear believes that retributively using a firearm in that manner would be acceptable. Reality is that pulling a stunt like that would be a horrible idea and without question would put somebody who did it under a load of hurt (LTC suitability, A/A&B with a deadly weapon, etc...)

Personally, I even have issue with the OP's chair throwing reaction. That simply is not an even tempered response.

Situations like that are better handled by calm instruction (i.e. instruct them about muzzle control, trigger finger discipline, the concept of all guns being always loaded, other people's ptoential reactions, etc...) References to real life tragedies and popularized incidents can really work well (e.g. the DEA agent shooting himself during the school presentation, the most recent Ed Fleury scandal (even though that probably doesn't directly involve the same principle), etc...

I can appreciate what you are saying....

BUT, too many people end up dead because people do not obey the NUMBER ONE rule of firearm safety. I too would have SNAPPED!!!!!

you are in the right.
they were being stupid and implicating you in it. not cool.

nothing would have made my day/night/year better than to see loading dock surveillance footage of Kim throat chopping and pistol whipping these two yahoo's [rofl][rofl]

Add in a brown paper bag with a pimento sandwich, and yeah, I could go for that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Without condoning their conduct, which is (at best) negligent, I'm not sure how anybody hear believes that retributively using a firearm in that manner would be acceptable. Reality is that pulling a stunt like that would be a horrible idea and without question would put somebody who did it under a load of hurt (LTC suitability, A/A&B with a deadly weapon, etc...)

Personally, I even have issue with the OP's chair throwing reaction. That simply is not an even tempered response.

Situations like that are better handled by calm instruction (i.e. instruct them about muzzle control, trigger finger discipline, the concept of all guns being always loaded, other people's ptoential reactions, etc...) References to real life tragedies and popularized incidents can really work well (e.g. the DEA agent shooting himself during the school presentation, the most recent Ed Fleury scandal (even though that probably doesn't directly involve the same principle), etc...

Are you always this stupid![rofl][rofl]

These guys got off easy. I saw a recruit have his jaw broken by a drill instructor with the butt stock of am M16A2 for flashing the firing line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

If the tempered response to having a gun pointed at you and the trigger guard plane breached NOT melt down...there is something wrong.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Most likely another two graduate of the few hour firearm speed training course. Remember the motto quantity,and profit before quality.

They're just lucky they didn't have an "accident" and hurt Kim. The entirety of NES would be gunning for them for hurting our favorite curmudgeon!

Oh yeah, they would have nowhere to hide. All the IT experts would track them down, then someone with special skill sets would cover the rest...

Sky, giving them that @ss chewing was a good call- no need to get them fired but you gave them a very important lesson that could save someone's life someday.

Incidentally, the first range where I shot regularly in my youth was run by a retired Gunny. I didn't make any big mistakes and the little mistakes I made only happened once, thanks to the Gunny's 'gentle' guidance. [rofl]

Most likely another two graduate of the few hour firearm speed training course. Remember the motto quantity,and profit before quality.
I took a firearm course with a friend. Instructor spent a good 5- 10 mins on brandishing. Had a few stories too. What was the first thing my friend did when he got his (shot)gun? Brandished it to a guy trying to park in his reseved parking space in Lowell. He told me what he did and I chewed his ass out and printed out the definition of brandishing and the penalty for it and taped it to his car window. Lucky hes not in jail. If he was a gangbanger he would have got probation...

I like the way Sky handled it. Today's snowflakes are rarely on the receiving end of a new *******-tearing and the in-your-face approach leaves a lasting impression.

I find, overkill always works. [smile]

Thanks for the reasoned response. These guys probably need instruction on proper weapons handling. In the end everyone would have been better for it.

I just sat through a basic pistol course with my new wife. I have been shooting for 35 years and am licensed my new wife is getting her licensing squared away. While at the course with 12 other students I watched what had to be the saddest behavior from a potential new group of licensees. The fooling around made me shutter as the instructor who wanted his payday ignored the unsafe behavior. When we left my wife asked will they all get their LTC's sadly I had to say I hope not. I get it man, its both depressing and infuriating at the same time. Its no wonder we look like a bunch of donkeys to the general public. They don't see the best of us, they see that guy. Maybe there's a missed opportunity there. You sound level headed, maybe take the time to give this guy a little direction. Your actions may save some future persons life.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I wish I could work at a place where this would even become an issue. While shite-fer-brains shouldn't ever have any gun, the fact that some PC nazi didn't come out and disembowel you for having a smoke break, not to mention dealing wth any gun, anywhere, is amazing!

Actually, word about it got to the front office. They issued a written policy that any weapons must be cleared outside the building, at the edge of the woods,
before entering the building.

Kim, you know that I have no problem telling you when you're wrong. Been there, right? However, in this case, I gotta give you kudos for not biting that kid's throat out. He totally deserved it.

It was good of you to let them off with only throwing a chair at them. I hope they appreciate the break you gave them. I don't think many would have been that generous.

Actually, word about it got to the front office. They issued a written policy that any weapons must be cleared outside the building, at the edge of the woods,
before entering the building.

where I work, in as a teacher in a public school bidg, it might as well read, "Guns are only allowed for criminals," and law abiding citizens are victims in waiting (unless you're a wealthy, connected person with armed bodyguards)

If you totally lost it at work somebody else would have started this thread and four or five of the posts would be: NES username? [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom