• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I totally lost it at work today!

Skysoldier

Forum Curmudgeon
NES Member
First, a little back story. I work for a small R&D company, and we share space with a large manufacturing company that has over twenty employees.

We usually get along well, until today.....

I have to go out to the loading dock area to have a smoke, and I always sit in the same folding chair, next to the garage door to have a smoke.

One of the employees of this company decided to go out to his car during break time, and bring in his 9mm Semi Auto to show the guys at work.

He walks in the big overhead door, turns to his left and points the pistol down to remove the magazine and clears the weapon.

The only problem was, he pointed the damn thing directly at me, sitting in the chair as he did it! Like I wasn't really there!

Then he hands the pistol to another guy, a temp worker, and he takes the pistol and and points it in my direction again and dry fires it!

They both ignored that I was in the line of fire...... and I lost it......

"What the **** are you doing pointing a gun at me?" I screamed.

First guy says, "Hey I made sure it wasn't loaded."

"Well how about him? Is he just to supposed to assume it wasn't loaded?"

I got so mad I threw the folding chair at both of them and stormed off.

I wanted to beat the shit out of both of them for being so stupid![angry]

I could have gotten both of them fired today, if I went to their boss.....but I hope both of them learned a lesson.

WTF!

Last edited:
When I started reading this, I thought he was going to give you some shit about smoking.

I'm willing to bet that would have gone over just as well. [smile]

I think only throwing the chair at them was inadequate, but a good way to kick off maiming both of them.
Well, the goal is to wreck them without doing damage to yourself. I'm loosely familiar with the type of very cool electronics design Sky gets to do, and jobs like that aren't on every street corner.

But, unreal how clueless some people are about the fundamental rules of safety. I mean, dry firing in someone's direction[shocked]. I don't know how I would react, but they would either owe me the cost of an anger management class, or new undies.

Do you carry? Drawing down on them might have affected their behavior more than tossing a chair at them.

But good job regardless trying to teach them a safety lesson.

Maybe get a couple of those 'golden rules' gun safety wallet cards, and give them out next time you see them.

I was at a recent shop and a guy showed up that I knew (local firefighter) Big guy, looking for something for home defense in a 9MM. Since I'm at the shop a lot I help when I can so I showed him a Sig and the M&P 9 and the 9C, he liked the 9C and said he was going to the bank and would be back, he never showed up. So while he picked up the Sig (I checked the Mag and chamber before handing it to him,he then points it towards a couple and I said No NO , never point the muzzle in the direction of someone you don't want to see die. Then he tried to release the slide with the slide lock and had a Very hard time. This guy knew ZERO about what he was doing. Pretty scary I thought

I thought this was going to be about smoking too.

As far as the ND's waiting to happen, I doubt those guys learned anything.

When I started reading this, I thought he was going to give you some shit about smoking.

I'm willing to bet that would have gone over just as well. [smile]

I thought he was going to be sitting in your chair.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you carry? Drawing down on them might have affected their behavior more than tossing a chair at them.

And replying, "now that your's is empty, mine is not!"

Walk up behind him, wrap an elbow around his neck, squeeze the carotids just a bit, draw your handgun and put it to his temple.

Say "This gun is unloaded, I just want you to hear how smooth the action is. I'm pulling the trigger slowly, you'll hear it break in just a second..."

It would be even more righteous if your boss or their boss came up to you and said "You were right. Let me know if you have any more problems with these two."

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be even more righteous if your boss or their boss came up to you and said "You were right. Let me know if you have any more problems with these two."

If I wanted to be an *******, I could have complained to my boss, or theirs........and they would have been fired tomorrow!

Instead, I decided to just scream at them, and I cursed at them better than the boss could...

They won't do that again in front of me.[rofl][rofl]

Seems you handled it way too gently!!!! That chair should have been up ones ass and the pistol up the others!

Then you should have enjoyed another cigarette......

nothing would have made my day/night/year better than to see loading dock surveillance footage of Kim throat chopping and pistol whipping these two yahoo's [rofl][rofl]

Walk up behind him, wrap an elbow around his neck, squeeze the carotids just a bit, draw your handgun and put it to his temple.

Say "This gun is unloaded, I just want you to hear how smooth the action is. I'm pulling the trigger slowly, you'll hear it break in just a second..."

Without condoning their conduct, which is (at best) negligent, I'm not sure how anybody hear believes that retributively using a firearm in that manner would be acceptable. Reality is that pulling a stunt like that would be a horrible idea and without question would put somebody who did it under a load of hurt (LTC suitability, A/A&B with a deadly weapon, etc...)

Personally, I even have issue with the OP's chair throwing reaction. That simply is not an even tempered response.

Situations like that are better handled by calm instruction (i.e. instruct them about muzzle control, trigger finger discipline, the concept of all guns being always loaded, other people's ptoential reactions, etc...) References to real life tragedies and popularized incidents can really work well (e.g. the DEA agent shooting himself during the school presentation, the most recent Ed Fleury scandal (even though that probably doesn't directly involve the same principle), etc...

I'm not going to be so bold as to say we are alike, but trouble just seems to find certain people when they are just minding their business and trying to make an every day living. [laugh]

Without condoning their conduct, which is (at best) negligent, I'm not sure how anybody hear believes that retributively using a firearm in that manner would be acceptable. Reality is that pulling a stunt like that would be a horrible idea and without question would put somebody who did it under a load of hurt (LTC suitability, A/A&B with a deadly weapon, etc...)

Personally, I even have issue with the OP's chair throwing reaction. That simply is not an even tempered response.

Situations like that are better handled by calm instruction (i.e. instruct them about muzzle control, trigger finger discipline, the concept of all guns being always loaded, other people's ptoential reactions, etc...) References to real life tragedies and popularized incidents can really work well (e.g. the DEA agent shooting himself during the school presentation, the most recent Ed Fleury scandal (even though that probably doesn't directly involve the same principle), etc...

Lighten up, Francis. We're just kidding.

Or are we serious? [wink]

I would have said "hey nice gun can I check it out" I would then have planted the thing into the concrete and watched him pick up the pieces. [rolleyes] Is that calm instruction?

Back
Top Bottom