• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I thought primer prices were retarded; hold my beer...

Lots of folks on NES are doing exactly that with the $300 Scherer Glock longsticks - that ad has been bumped for over 5 months now with no takers, but it's no reason to dislike the prospective seller who is testing the market.
Lol, that's more like wishful thinking than testing.

Then again, someone eventually bought the Florbert Parlor Rifle, too... so there is that. [rofl]

Lol, that's more like wishful thinking than testing.

Then again, someone eventually bought the Florbert Parlor Rifle, too... so there is that. [rofl]
But you fail to give him credit for the $50 discount off of $300 for the one that is cracked down the back and on the feed lips.

At least the used pedestal sink and the Mr. Frostee glass chiller stopped getting bumps.

There are people living paycheck-to-paycheck for whom an extra couple of hundred bucks makes a huge difference. I know a few on here in that position that have sold stuff at exorbitant prices, and the buyers are willing to pay it. They need the money, and are cashing in on being prepared while others weren't. It's much easier to help "fellow gun owners" when you can pay the rent.
I think its different situation to have someone who's sitting on something that can now be sold for a huge profit. I have no issues with that, and have done that to a certain degree myself (sold preban mags for more than I paid because I got them 20 years ago before moving to MA... sue me :))

Where I find it personally distasteful is the person who now goes out of their way to buy up as much of the supply as possible at low prices, to resell. The guys selling PS5's for double the price aren't selling the PS5 they bought years ago which suddenly because of demand are now worth double. Probably not using the right economic terms, but they are buying up supply that results in others being unable to buy at the low price, and you are either forced to go without, or have to buy at the higher price. Especially with the use of bots and everything now with online retailers (maybe less of an issue with ammo in MA, but for PS5, or online ammo retailers in free states this is definitely happening). You can argue that the retailers are selling too low for demand, so these resellers are stepping in, etc. And while I totally understand the supply/demand logic there, I still personally think that people who do that just suck. Is it illegal... no. Is it immoral... depends on your world view. If resellers stopped, would everyone be able to buy primers/powerders/ammo/PS5s... maybe if the assumption that the only reason why there is a shortage is because of resellers. I think there'd be a shortage anyway for these things.

Last edited:
If resellers stopped, would everyone be able to buy primers/powerders/ammo/PS5s...
It's not the resellers. It's us. Let me ask a few questions...

If you stopped by Cabelas today and happened to be there when they restocked the shelf with 5 boxes of small pistol primers at the "normal" price. What would you do? Would you buy them even if you didn't have an immediate need for them? If not, the next person behind you will. I would.

On the other hand, let's say there was no shortage and the shelves were fully stocked with all kinds of primers at regular prices. Would you even think about cleaning them out then? Probably not.

That's why there's a shortage.

Probably not using the right economic terms, but they are buying up supply that results in others being unable to buy at the low price, and you are either forced to go without, or have to buy at the higher price.
Arbitrage

it immoral... depends on your world view.
It's as immoral as selling your house for what the market will bear rather than a "fair" markup based on what you paid.

Back
Top Bottom