• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I think this company just went out of business.

rogersmithiii

NES Member
This was posted on the Fox 29 website.

"As Congress works to find a bipartisan way to approach current gun legislation, the talk of change is a divisive topic even for those closely tied to weapons, including stores like the Palm Beach Shooting Center.

Survivors of recent mass shootings shared their stories Wednesday during a House Committee hearing.

"I believe in the Second Amendment, and I think that people need to protect yourself and the people that you love, but I don't think you need to use big firearms," said John Palacios, a self-defense attorney with U.S. Law Shield.

Palacios represents people who have fired a weapon in self-defense and said 90% of his cases involve smaller handguns.

He is in favor or restricting sales of guns like AR-15s."

U.S. Law Shield better distance themselves from this guy really quickly or they're done. John Palacios obviously doesn't understand the first thing about the 2nd amendment.

I never understood buying self defense insurance in the first place - seems like a tax on gun owners who are bad at statistics.

"As Congress works to find a bipartisan way to approach current gun legislation, the talk of change is a divisive topic even for those closely tied to weapons, including stores like the Palm Beach Shooting Center.

Survivors of recent mass shootings shared their stories Wednesday during a House Committee hearing.

"I believe in the Second Amendment, and I think that people need to protect yourself and the people that you love, but I don't think you need to use big firearms," said John Palacios, a self-defense attorney with U.S. Law Shield.

Palacios represents people who have fired a weapon in self-defense and said 90% of his cases involve smaller handguns.

If you're paying for US Law Shield then you need to drop it ASAP.

There's that word again. And now we have a new descriptor for our vocabulary: big firearms.

What a dick

U.S. Law Shield better distance themselves from this guy really quickly or they're done. John Palacios obviously doesn't understand the first thing about the 2nd amendment.

I never understood buying self defense insurance in the first place - seems like a tax on gun owners who are bad at statistics.
You've never sat through a homicide interview, as the shooter.

*I was in the room with someone who was*

"I believe in the Second Amendment, and I think that people need to protect yourself and the people that you love, but.....
There's that MFing word again that tells me you lied when you uttered the first part of that statement and that you have no effing idea what you're talking about. [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

Last edited:

I've been to this place, probably 40 yrs ago. I had a nice long chat with the manager at that time, he was a "Boston boy" and a staunch 2A guy from our discussion. A relative of his was a friend of mine and the police chief in a town just North of Boston.

US Lawshield sent me an email yesterday when I complained, they stated he was not an employee but a contractor and did not represent their views.

"Thank you for contacting U.S & Texas LawShield. We appreciate your feedback on the issue We did see the comments made by Mr. Palacios this morning in his interview with WFLX in West Palm Beach. Mr. Palacios is not an employee of or attorney for U.S LawShield. He is an independent contractor and is not authorized to speak on behalf of U.S. LawShield. His opinions are his own. If you would still like to cancel the account please reply back with your full name, address, member number, phone number, and we can complete this process for you.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reply back to this email, or give us a call at (877) 448 - 6839.

Our chat feature is open from 8 A.M. - 5 P.M. Monday - Friday.

Our hours of operation are 8 A.M. to 8 P.M. Monday – Friday, and 8:30 A.M. – 5 P.M. Saturday – Sunday.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

Best,

Member Care Team

www.uslawshield.com

(877) 448 6839 "

U.S. and Texas LawShield

There are lots of people who own guns that are totally ignorant. They think the second amendment is a government-sponsored program, so they need to give you permission to buy, own, and carry guns, meaning whatever guns the government says you can carry.

Maybe an overreaction. Let them decide this guy screwed up and dump him, if they do, I don't have a problem. If they keep him on, no way in hell.

This is kind of different though. Their entire business model is to assure gun owners they have some level of protection in the legal ownership and use of their firearms. If you then publicly denounce any nuanced level of said ownership, you are doing quite the opposite. What if this is your actual attorney defending you in your use of arms? What level of confidence would you have in him after publicly stating that? What does that say to the opposition you're facing in court and to potential judges and jurors?

Tell me you are a sh*t attorney without telling me you are one.

Someone get this guy a helmet.

Seems to me that if he is an independent contractor, holding US Lawshield to the fire over it is like blaming a homeowner for the opinions of the guy who built their deck. Did a little web search and can't find anywhere on the interwebs where he's even put out a "shingle". Sounds to me like he was trying to give himself some unearned cred by mentioning US Lawshield at all.

This is kind of different though. Their entire business model is to assure gun owners they have some level of protection in the legal ownership and use of their firearms. If you then publicly denounce any nuanced level of said ownership, you are doing quite the opposite. What if this is your actual attorney defending you in your use of arms? What level of confidence would you have in him after publicly stating that? What does that say to the opposition you're facing in court and to potential judges and jurors?
I guess I'll admit I didn't dig that deep into it. Was it a spokesperson or a lawyer who happens to work with them that made the statement?

If it was a spokesperson for the company, yeah, die in a vat of alcohol infused razor blades for all I care. If it was just someone who is under contract to do the work, different story.

I guess I'll admit I didn't dig that deep into it. Was it a spokesperson or a lawyer who happens to work with them that made the statement?

If it was a spokesperson for the company, yeah, die in a vat of alcohol infused razor blades for all I care. If it was just someone who is under contract to do the work, different story.

Hard to say. Most attorneys that work with these 2A insurance firms are still their own entities and take up clients as a referral. So I suppose now that I'm reading it again, your point has validity. Still not a great look though, and as others have mentioned, the insurance firm should get on the horn to disavow this asshat as soon as possible. If this one works like the insurance I have, they list local 2A attorneys from their website as "go to" people.

Hard to say. Most attorneys that work with these 2A insurance firms are still their own entities and take up clients as a referral. So I suppose now that I'm reading it again, your point has validity. Still not a great look though, and as others have mentioned, the insurance firm should get on the horn to disavow this asshat as soon as possible. If this one works like the insurance I have, they list local 2A attorneys from their website as "go to" people.
Oh no, I'd expect a door to be shown, and a boot to the bottom, along with all those contingency fees they collect monthly to be on call 24/7.

Back
Top Bottom