i think i'm going to give an uplula mag loader a try

greencobra

NES Member
yep, late to this party as usual. thumbs getting beat up now as i age, i'm aging damn it, not being a pussy. been using other magazine loaders over the years...the cheap glock "comes with the gun" loader for one. it works really well for a proprietary loader but sort of gets limp over the years. i don't know, does plastic degrade over the years? i thought not. i have several super thumbs and i like them a lot. can't beat their price or lifetime warranty. only problem with the st is i got to carry their entire line to cover the different calibers on a range trip. so being a loyal st user (i should have put super thumb in the what's your brand thread) for so long it pains me to say uplula mag loader, come on down. i ordered it from midway but jeez, 40 bucks when the smoke cleared for the universal unit after shipping. most money i've spent for my thumbs ever. so we'll see, everyone who's ever put up a review loved the thing. and their ar mag loader looked interesting. maybe i'll give it a go later on.

Mine was $30~ shipped, via Amazon two years ago. $40 now sounds about right. Either way, one of the best things I've bought.

yep, late to this party as usual. thumbs getting beat up now as i age, i'm aging damn it, not being a pussy.

Physical health aside, nothing wrong with making the labor part of the hobby more efficient so you can spend more time shooting.

first place it looked, amazon. didn't see one. they had a bunch of different mag loaders but no uplula universals.
There was a huge lawsuit from Maglula, pulled all their products from there and eBay: An Official Journal Of The NRA | Maglula Sues Amazon

Mainly, just way too many counterfeits.

I love all of mine, except the 10/22 one. Also a favorite is the ETS magazine speedloader. Ten rounds in one sweep.

Old guy here, been using the pistol one and the one for AR 5.56 mags for years, literally cannot load any of my hi-caps fully without them. I also recently bought one for loading Ruger 10/22 mags from Tandemkross that makes that process a lot quicker and easier. Also, a tool that makes it much easier to re-assemble 10/22 mags and be able to set the proper spring tension. Buy them all, you won't regret it!

Edit: the loader is Maglula, the tool for reassembly/tuning of the mags is Tandemkross.

Last edited:
Forget ebay or amazon, buy one through Midway or Brownells. One of the first shooting acessories I ever bought, has never let me down. Absolutely necessary for taking classes unless you have 500rds worth of magazines lol

I’ve been sucking up the pain but I might be there too…good luck!
Great for most double stack mags, be sure to also get the single stack accessory (it didn't come with my standard UpLULA). Interestingly, the UpLULA SUCKS on STI/Staccato 2011 9mm mags. After you drop in a cartridge, you have to hold it in place or the UpLULA will strip it right back out of the mag (First-World Problems...).

This is the accessory for single stack (link for convenience - not necessarily recommending the vendor).

I have 263 of the black, Butler Creek MagLula UpLULAs left... [rofl]
Manufactured by MagLula in Israel and sold by Butler Creek before MagLula started distributing in the USA themselves.
I gave like 3 dozen away but had to stop. Shipping became prohibitive... :rolleyes:

1642957611607.png

Last edited:
A must have!! You can fill those 10 rd. mags in no time. Great when you have a 1 hr. range time. Get to the range put up a target send it down to the 7yrds, plenty of room on the bench to load up your mags.

Take a look at what ETS Group offers too. I ordered one of their loaders for the mags for my new Stribog since the Uplula doesn't work with them.

yep, late to this party as usual. thumbs getting beat up now as i age, i'm aging damn it, not being a pussy. been using other magazine loaders over the years...the cheap glock "comes with the gun" loader for one. it works really well for a proprietary loader but sort of gets limp over the years. i don't know, does plastic degrade over the years? i thought not. i have several super thumbs and i like them a lot. can't beat their price or lifetime warranty. only problem with the st is i got to carry their entire line to cover the different calibers on a range trip. so being a loyal st user (i should have put super thumb in the what's your brand thread) for so long it pains me to say uplula mag loader, come on down. i ordered it from midway but jeez, 40 bucks when the smoke cleared for the universal unit after shipping. most money i've spent for my thumbs ever. so we'll see, everyone who's ever put up a review loved the thing. and their ar mag loader looked interesting. maybe i'll give it a go later on.

Whoa that is a big step are you sure you're ready?

From all the way back in 2013:

I love them. at the range with my boss one day and he saw me using it. loved it as well, so I gave it to him. I ordered a couple more and have given one more away. I like them for pistol mags, and the one for loading colt smg/uzi style mags. makes it very convenient just flicking the lever over. give me a lever big enough and ill move the world... its a great product. the colt/uzi style locks into the mag catch. once you use one you'll wonder why you ever waited so long. especially the colder times of year if you didn't load your mags at home.

tl:dr - your thumbs thank you.

I just used the ETS Universal Loader (C.A.M. Loader for Rifles) to load one of my Stribog sp9a3 magazines (30 round, straight, metal upper section) a LOT easier, and faster, than by hand. With the ridge at the back of the mag, it won't fit in the pistol magazine loaders I've found. BUT, the rifle loader works with it, since it works with 9mm and is made for rifle mags, like AR15 and AR10 (among others).

These things makes loading new mags, or loading mags in the cold weather, a LOT easier. If it didn't look like so much work, I'd consider altering the uplula I have to work with these mags. I'll just use it for some of my other/pistol mags. IF I don't use the ETS for those too. ;)

Do it...you won't regret it...

I’ve been sucking up the pain but I might be there too…good luck!

Definitely get one. If I were 22, I’d still get one. They work very well and make it so much faster and easier. I’d recommend one to any new or experienced shooter without hesitation.

Back
Top Bottom