• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I swore to myself i would not get into a custom 10-22

zZoV6Uam.jpg

50 yards bench with tenex
I shot 10 rounds to "season" the barrel
10 rounds to zero the scope 5 to get it close and then 5 for a group got it close enough then shot the top group yanking my 3 shot left leaving 9 in the group. Then I just amed at each intersecting line below for 10 shots...not to bad. I have a few more ammo choices that are "affordable"

What, you don't like paying $19 for a box of 22's? :D

finally was able to get to the range and test out the rig. I shot with the scope set up today
Meuller 8x32x44 mill dot, set at 12x target 50 yards ammo was RWS special match, bench with harris bipod
The set up for testing
5OvVH1d.jpg

the target below
top left is the savage rascal i tried shooting for a group at 25 yards with the match sights. Im surprised i even did this well as i could not see the 1/2" dot very well through the aperture style sights.
moving to the right the 2 lower groups are 50 yards the bottom group is the first 5 shots. I used a laser sighter at home to get close, then shot another 5 shots above it. Then shot the last 20 rounds on the 2 rows on the right. I started on the bottom of the 3 row from the left. made a quick scope adjustment and ran out the remaining rounds 2 shots to a dot. KIDD says 1/2" groups at 50 yards with match ammo I think its there

I think you need to edit the title, lol That sir, is no 10/22 :)

Well finally getting around to the 10/22 again have a box of Tenex waiting for a nice day before the snow flies. I mounted the mueller 8x32x44 back with Burris rings with some cant to get out to 200 yards. Down side of the mueller is not much adjustment.
If I set it up right I gained 20moa

My receiver is far from square to anything . Pointed out by the smith who installed my match aperture sights. The top of my receiver is not square with the sides or the barrel and it appears to be canted off to the right also.
Won’t matter as long as it hits and groups which I know it can.

View: https://imgur.com/a/ewHgacL

Nevermind my last comment, definitely a 10/22 [laugh]

getting out today, digging into the older 22lr stash of ammo Im going to run a box or 2 of the golden eagle target made by Aguila years ago with "eley" Prime cases. Its not match ammo but should shoot ok.

Shooters has a quite a good selection of .22 but a 500 round daily limit. Picked up 1000 rounds of the federal blue box last week before the limits and 500 cci Sv yesterday.

Shooters has a quite a good selection of .22 but a 500 round daily limit. Picked up 1000 rounds of the federal blue box last week before the limits and 500 cci Sv yesterday.
Plenty of ammo, just using up some older inventory. This stuff is good for the money (IIRC it was .06rnd when cmp was selling it. The Golden eagle match is a tad better and was .09 or .11 pre 2010)
Did well enough for my likes. It was a little windy at 200 yards to really give it any real evaluation. Shot from the bench with bi pod . i still need a 20moa mount as im still a tad to close to the end of the turret range. Thats the only real negative with this scope , very little total adjustment
It was hard seeing the impacts in the black so every 5-8 shots i would see somewhat of a group and make adjustment. There was to much wind to bother with windage adjustment. But now I have a rough 200 yard zero for this lot of ammo aprox 3” groups at 200 yards with out the few flyers...i will take that all day!!! EFFA5FB4-648F-40A5-A28F-64A9EE701C2F.jpeg B375A253-4F30-47A2-97C3-AEEFF2879F11.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally receiverd and installed a 20 moa mount to get some more adjustment from my Mueller. Its a ok scope but has only has 20moa from center for adjustments. Also on 24x the hash marks are only 1 moa so the hold overs are limited also. On 10x its darn near true mil dot or 3.6ish inch BUT if I wanted 10x I would have left a 3x9 on it!
Might try to find a FFP on sale over the winter?

Back
Top Bottom