• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I still havn't recieved my FID?

Update: The state number I called has informed me that it was sent to my local PD on April 8th. I called them, and they told me they would send it as soon as they got it. Is this bs? Will it sit in their mail bag for several weeks?

I could be wrong, but I thought it was a crime to withhold personal mail-

that being said, can they really dick me around anymore, or do they have to send it at this point? I can't see them sitting on weeks worth of postage that's ready to be sent out.

Update: The state number I called has informed me that it was sent to my local PD on April 8th. I called them, and they told me they would send it as soon as they got it. Is this bs? Will it sit in their mail bag for several weeks?

I could be wrong, but I thought it was a crime to withhold personal mail-

that being said, can they really dick me around anymore, or do they have to send it at this point? I can't see them sitting on weeks worth of postage that's ready to be sent out.
From my experience your being jacked around by the local pda. In the last two years I've filed for my son's fid and my wifed and my ltc renewals. All were in my hand 7 weeks from the apt with the licensing officer. The licensing officer called me personally each time to tell me the license was at the pd and to go pick it up at my convenience. Which was convenient because they leave them with the dispatch desk which is open 24/7

Your local pd us f***ing you over.

From my experience your being jacked around by the local pda. In the last two years I've filed for my son's fid and my wifed and my ltc renewals. All were in my hand 7 weeks from the apt with the licensing officer. The licensing officer called me personally each time to tell me the license was at the pd and to go pick it up at my convenience. Which was convenient because they leave them with the dispatch desk which is open 24/7

Your local pd us f***ing you over.
So Should I just ask to pick it up in person? Not entirely sure what to take from that

So Should I just ask to pick it up in person? Not entirely sure what to take from that
I am telling you that your town is f***ing you over not the state. There are still plenty of towns that get their citizens their permission slips in 7 weeks consistently. If it's taking months......your town is hording the aps and not processing them at their level. When the town tells you the state is backed up.....I believe they are lying to you. How does my town and some others constantly get things done in 7 weeks and some others it takes months?

That is all

I am telling you that your town is f***ing you over not the state. There are still plenty of towns that get their citizens their permission slips in 7 weeks consistently. If it's taking months......your town is hording the aps and not processing them at their level. When the town tells you the state is backed up.....I believe they are lying to you. How does my town and some others constantly get things done in 7 weeks and some others it takes months?

That is all
The state told me that my PD sent them my application in about 5 or 6 weeks after I gave it to them, so yes, they DID f*** me over back then.

However, the STATE just told me that they JUST sent my licence to the police department on the 8th. My license is all set and approved, now I am just waiting to actually get it.

That being said, my official license, no more reviews or anything, should be sitting at my local PD with my name on it any day now.

Should I wait and hope to get it in the mail, as they told me I would? Or should I request to pick it up in person when it arrives?

I trust the state, they've been helpful. I'm just not sure if I should tell the Police that I'd rather get it in person, as opposed to trusting them to mail it to me.

That is all

This. It's always the town.

There's no incentive for them to do these things in a timely manner, and many LOs look at them as burdensome extra paperwork. And no one likes doing paperwork. So no penalty for taking too long combined with shitty duty = ridiculously long wait time.

Don't underestimate the incompetence of the United States Post Office, though. I sent a package to my grandparents in Pittsburgh that literally should have arrived in 3 days. It took the post office 4 weeks to deliver it. It got lost between Pittsburgh and their local post office for 3 weeks.

The state told me that my PD sent them my application in about 5 or 6 weeks after I gave it to them, so yes, they DID f*** me over back then.

However, the STATE just told me that they JUST sent my licence to the police department on the 8th. My license is all set and approved, now I am just waiting to actually get it.

That being said, my official license, no more reviews or anything, should be sitting at my local PD with my name on it any day now.

Should I wait and hope to get it in the mail, as they told me I would? Or should I request to pick it up in person when it arrives?
If the state told you they sent it I'd call the licensing officer and tell them what the state told you

This. It's always the town.

There's no incentive for them to do these things in a timely manner, and many LOs look at them as burdensome extra paperwork. And no one likes doing paperwork. So no penalty for taking too long combined with shitty duty = ridiculously long wait time.

Don't underestimate the incompetence of the United States Post Office, though. I sent a package to my grandparents in Pittsburgh that literally should have arrived in 3 days. It took the post office 4 weeks to deliver it. It got lost between Pittsburgh and their local post office for 3 weeks.
For the most part unfortunately you are absolutely correct. I'm fortunate to live in haverhill which has done an excellent job in processing the aps. There are some towns left that put some effort into the bullshit program.

So, again, course of action? I live right off of main street, the Police Station is a two minute walk. It's been a week, so I imagine the mail would most likely have gotten there by now.

I understand its not their #1 priority, but is it not illegal to not give someone their mail, or something to the effect of that? Spencer works the same as other towns, except it is sent to me instead of me manually picking it up. From what I understand, there is no more work to be done.

Do I ask them to just give it to me in person? Or do I wait. It's just the letter, theres no more paperwork or reviews to be completed

Give it 3 weeks from the date the state sent it before pestering them. One week to receive, one week to intake and send it and one week for the mail to deliver.

Some departments will hold them and send them out once a month as a batch, so it could be longer.

Give it 3 weeks from the date the state sent it before pestering them. One week to receive, one week to intake and send it and one week for the mail to deliver.

Some departments will hold them and send them out once a month as a batch, so it could be longer.
Alright. Called when I found out they sent it, they told me they would send it to me as soon as they got it, figured they wouldn't jack me around but you're probably right. So much for damn Green towns

So, again, course of action? I live right off of main street, the Police Station is a two minute walk. It's been a week, so I imagine the mail would most likely have gotten there by now.

I understand its not their #1 priority, but is it not illegal to not give someone their mail, or something to the effect of that? Spencer works the same as other towns, except it is sent to me instead of me manually picking it up. From what I understand, there is no more work to be done.

Do I ask them to just give it to me in person? Or do I wait. It's just the letter, theres no more paperwork or reviews to be completed

It is NOT "your Mail", it is Mailed to the PD, not you, by the state. Once received, the PD must activate it . . . and that is usually why it sits in a pile until the officer in charge has nothing else to do but activate the LTCs/FIDs that they received (FRB usually sends them in a batch to the PD). At that point it may also sit in a pile until the PD "gets around to it" to generate the PIN # form and address an envelope and Mail it out (some call for you to pick it up at this point but many just Mail it).

Patience is a virtue. Most PDs don't hire someone whose sole job is to process LTCs/FIDs . . . it's an "add-on" job (that probably nobody wants to do) assigned to someone who has regular duties to perform and only does the licensing stuff on "down time".

Alright. Called when I found out they sent it, they told me they would send it to me as soon as they got it, figured they wouldn't jack me around but you're probably right. So much for damn Green towns

I stopped having this anxiety when I decided to go green and buy a membership to this forum. It certainly was a good investment for me.

Mr. McLOv1nfunk. Go green and. join the NES membership family. You are just 19, a life membership will last you ages!

I trust the state, they've been helpful. I'm just not sure if I should tell the Police that I'd rather get it in person, as opposed to trusting them to mail it to me.

I told you. They chucked it into some drawer at the PD. Go there and get it. Don't be scared. Just be polite. LOL

You should be able to get your license in about 12 hours, or however long it takes to move to Tennessee. You're young. Pack your stuff in your car and drive south. If not, get ready for the lifetime of frustration and anger that comes with being a gun guy in Mass.

Patience is a virtue. Most PDs don't hire someone whose sole job is to process LTCs/FIDs . . . it's an "add-on" job (that probably nobody wants to do) assigned to someone who has regular duties to perform and only does the licensing stuff on "down time".

Patience my young friends. Everyone needs instant gratification these days. I've gone through 8 or 9 renewals since my original LTC. (they used to be valid for 5 years not 6). Every one of them took different lengths of time to arrive. Not once, I mean NEVER, did I call asking about its whereabouts, yet it still arrived!

Yes, they suck, but that's the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom