I still havn't recieved my FID?

I'm not 21, so I can't get LTC yet, in case youre wondering. I went into the Spencer PD station the day after I took my safety class. They said it would take 8 weeks. I called at 8 weeks, they said it would take up to 10. Then I called the State number they gave me. They told me that my case looks normal, and it should take about 2 more weeks. I called back about 2 weeks later, and was told that it will probably be another 2 months. What in the f*ck is going on? And how much longer can I expect to wait? It's not even an LTC (I've heard those take forever)

I called about a couple weeks before I got my LTC in the mail and they said it was mailed to my local PD. It can be a fun game of the state and local PD pointing fingers. Sounds like the state instead of the PD sitting on it. They probably would tell you if it was mailed out.

Welcome to hell.

I called about a couple weeks before I got my LTC in the mail and they said it was mailed to my local PD. It can be a fun game of the state and local PD pointing fingers. Sounds like the state instead of the PD sitting on it. They probably would tell you if it was mailed out.

Welcome to hell.

So, was it finally mailed directly to you from the state, or from your local PD? I'm waiting on my LTC after going through the renewal process about six weeks ago, and am wondering where it will be coming from. Or does it depend on the individual's particular town?

Frank

Yes. The dude you'll talk to on the phone when you check your progress has no real incentive to lie. It's computerized so they can tell when it was sent out and all that.

It'll come from your PD. You don't get the lic mailed to you - because that would be unsafe and you might go off and kill a bunch of people with your new license. Instead, the PD gets it so that they can hire a psychic to ensure you won't go rampaging. Hence the low rampage-death-rates in MA and why the Marathon bombers used bombs, not guns.

So, was it finally mailed directly to you from the state, or from your local PD? I'm waiting on my LTC after going through the renewal process about six weeks ago, and am wondering where it will be coming from. Or does it depend on the individual's particular town?

Frank

PD mails it, some call you to come pick it up. Town to town can vary.

Acton always mails them. Also, the wait time for an appointment to renew is usually one or two days. Other than the high taxes I really like this town. Been here for 51 years. Jack.

Wow, here in Concord it took about a month to get my appointment. If it had only been one or two days, I probably would have received my permit already.

Frank

Concord is full of liberal democrat shitheads. Jack.

You won't get an argument from me about that. Although in fairness, we have managed to find a few liberal democrats who aren't shitheads, if you can believe it. Speaking of which, I'm starting to work on my RI non-resident LTC, and one of the requirements is to provide three written, notarized reference letters. And although we're pretty friendly with many of our fellow Concordians, I won't be asking any of them for a reference. They'd probably freak out if they knew I was a shooter, let alone one with a license to carry.

Frank

And how much longer can I expect to wait?

tenor.gif

Justice delayed is justice denied

Rights delayed are rights denied. Yet no one cares.

OP: chances are the license application is with your local PD still. They have no incentive to actually complete the background checks in any reasonable length of time, so it could take many moons before you get any results. Especially if they have a glut of applications to go through.

Some, like my town, batch them together to send to the State, so they could be done with it, but are waiting on a few more to make a nice little package to send out instead of sending them out one by one.

Rights delayed are rights denied. Yet no one cares.

OP: chances are the license application is with your local PD still. They have no incentive to actually complete the background checks in any reasonable length of time, so it could take many moons before you get any results. Especially if they have a glut of applications to go through.

Some, like my town, batch them together to send to the State, so they could be done with it, but are waiting on a few more to make a nice little package to send out instead of sending them out one by one.
Except they are "sent" these days by entering data in MIRCS, hit "send" and it is at the state. No more Mailing forms back and forth (other than the LTC/FID itself from state to local PD for issuance).

Except they are "sent" these days by entering data in MIRCS, hit "send" and it is at the state. No more Mailing forms back and forth (other than the LTC/FID itself from state to local PD for issuance).

But don't the local PDs still have to do all the background checks and stuff first?

But don't the local PDs still have to do all the background checks and stuff first?
They can but it is my understanding that the real background checks are done by the state after they hit "send".

Also keep in mind that background checks are done at every MV stop in a matter of minutes. There is no excuse for it to take weeks/months.

Apparently the State still has it, they DID inform me that the PD sent it like 5 weeks after I gave them my prints and check. But they did send it a while back. They are supposed to mail it directly to my house; I'm now waiting on the state to do their thing, as it seems to be out of the local PDs hands as of about 6 weeks ago.

I just called again, apparently my license is "under review by the firearms bearau"; she dosent know how long it will take from here. Every time I call its at the same place, but different time frames lol. F*ck this state

I'm not 21, so I can't get LTC yet, in case youre wondering. I went into the Spencer PD station the day after I took my safety class. They said it would take 8 weeks. I called at 8 weeks, they said it would take up to 10. Then I called the State number they gave me. They told me that my case looks normal, and it should take about 2 more weeks. I called back about 2 weeks later, and was told that it will probably be another 2 months. What in the f*ck is going on? And how much longer can I expect to wait? It's not even an LTC (I've heard those take forever)

Here in Massachusetts you have to learn to be patient. I guess what I am trying to say is 8 weeks is nothing. I've had a LTC for over 40 years and my last renewal took 14 plus weeks, and when I picked it up and commented on the long wait, I was told that I was lucky that I got it that quick. Here in Massachusetts all we can do is hope and wait. All I do is file my application and just wait. I don't call anyone or even think about my license until it arrives.

Call the AG's office tell them they have gone over the 40 days. [rofl] Welcome to the state of mAss, your rights are not yours.

Took 5 months to receive my LTC. Regularly contacted state and city, both pointed finger at one another. Good luck and be patient.

Back
Top Bottom