• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

i spilt some kroil on a mag body and think i ruined it.UPDATE

mac1911

NES Member
Not sure what happened, i spilt some kroil on a mag body and put it out side because it stinks. i forgot about it for a few days and came back to this.
dFaEBHzl.jpg

Update: I was looking around the great wide web and way back on page 189 of the google search I found a guy selling special growing medium to place the mag in. Looks like I lucked out and have a magazine infected with a rare fungus. It’s Riflegunsproutis. I will keep you posted

Last edited:
Kroil contains a witch's brew of solvents plus a proprietary ingredient which is probably some kind of oil....duh. One or more of those solvents did not agree with your mag.

Petroleum Distillates 40-60%
64742-47-8
64742-96-7
64742-95-6
Severely Hydrotreated Petroleum Distillates
64742-52-5 30-50%
Diisobutyl Ketone 0-15%
108-83-8
1,2,4-trimethylbenzene <15%
95-63-3
Proprietary Ingredient 1-10%
Dipropylene Glycol Monopropyl Ether 1-5
29911-27-1
Dipropylene Glycol Methyl Ether 0-5%
88917-22-0
Aliphatic Alcohol #1 <3%
123-42-2
Aliphatic Alcohol #2 <3%
78-83-1

The spring confuses me. Was the mag loaded in a rifle? Did the whole rifle except the mag body and the op rod spring dissolve?

Last edited:
I left the mag out side and decided to sprinkle some GunZilla on it to see what else sprouts out of it.

I received the 2-8-5 growing medium to my surprise it came with some liquid growth formula also.
S5jTZE4l.jpg

Directions just said place parts infected with Riflegunsproutis in any small container or glass. pack in the 2-8-5 growing medium and a few sprinkles of the liquid growth formula. Place the container in a cool dry area with ambient light at best and watch for new sprouts. Apparently the growth formula has whale oil in it and aid in the development of new growth.

well I tucked it away and decided to check on it to night. its sprouted a bit more and a little note on the instructions say the spreading of brass trimmings will promote receiver and barrel growth
GEOqiuUl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom