I should get....

the award for the biggest idiot. I was taking the toolkit out of the buttstock in my AK to clean it up for the range tomorrow, and my thumb got stuck. The end of my thumb got wedged under the cylindrical toolkit, so the spring was pushing the toolkit into my finger making it impossible to get out. And to top it off, I have most of my tools at work because I have been doing work on my car. So I couldn't take the butt plate off. After an hour of spraying wd-40 into the hole and trying to slip my finger out and my fiancee found a small jewelers screwdriver. I was able to slip that into the hole and push the toolkit in, while pulling my finger out. It finally came out and my finger was purple. My fiancee suggested going to the ER if all options were exhausted....imagine what that would have been like.....

My finger got the color back, so pics won't do any justice.

If the Mrs. was quick thinking, she would have grabbed the camcorder and had a video up on youtube by now. I recall the "America's Funniest Home Videos" of the woman who got her hair wound up in the dishwasher ... [wink]

Anyway, I'm glad that both you and the AK survived the ordeal.

I keep a pair of needle nose pliars around, that same thing almost happen to me...[wink]
Its good that you can laugh about it though...

Great, that's all we need to see on the news..."Gun owner injured by his own gun". [laugh]

Glad you're ok.

If the Mrs. was quick thinking, she would have grabbed the camcorder and had a video up on youtube by now. I recall the "America's Funniest Home Videos" of the woman who got her hair wound up in the dishwasher ... [wink]

Anyway, I'm glad that both you and the AK survived the ordeal.

Now you and I both know that video wouldn't make it past editing because they would have to blur out that EVIL ASSAULT WEAPON!! SEE THEYRE SO DANGEROUS THEY GET YOUR HANDS TRAPPED IN THEM! [rofl]

If you got an AR you might not have that problem.[laugh]

Good to hear that you made it out OK. Enjoy the holiday.

Could you imagine going into an ER with an AK stuck to your thumb? Complete bedlam![laugh]
Glad you got your thumb back.
BTW, if anyone here gets a gun stuck to them, do not got to the ER.
Come here.

The rifle and my thumb are OK. In fact, I just got back from shooting it for the first time at the Cape Anne Sprtmans Club. I love the thing. I may have convinced two people to get their LTC too.

I must admit I have had this happen once to me, only it was my SKS same deal tho thumb stuck. Luckily I always have my leatherman and was able to free my thumb but still not the most pleasant experience.

I have a friend who got his finger stuck the same way in his SKS.

Apparently Chinese fingers are a lot smaller than ours.

Full disclosure: I have a jewelers screwdriver stuck in one of the holes in the back of my M1A stock.

Back
Top Bottom