• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I shot up some hard drives

More experienced 50 cal shooters would probably be more aware of the power of the muzzle blast, and probably wouldn't have shot from the tailgate of the truck without expecting some kind of damage, but I wasn't that smart until afterwards. [laugh]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS3sAWF5S1I

Note: I missed the money shot where they all explode all over [crying] but you can still hear the pieces raining down for a good 10 seconds.

The first time that I shot my Serbu BFG Carbine it was under a low overhang. Every time I touched a round off, the concussion blast came off of the ceiling and smacked me in the forehead. It made my sinuses instantly come unglued and run and gave me a nice headache. [crying]

I did a similar thing

I took my K31 to the range and did a number on a few hard drives. I keep one of them at my desk at work as a conversation piece. It's raised a few eyebrows, but it also has gotten one guy thinking about getting an LTC.

One hole dead center, one at 12 o'clock, and one at 10 o'clock. The ding at 8 o'clock was made by a .22 LR. It dented the case and the disk beneath it, but didn't penetrate.

Attachments

• k31HardDrive.jpg
    k31HardDrive.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom