I screwed up some years ago

Even if the 3 convictions arose from a single incident, the FLRB isn't even a possibility hear due to the underlying crime regulating the use, possession or sale of controlled substances, and the "all or nothing" felon-in-possession case law on the FID waiting period nixes that route for MA.

Last edited:
If the possibility that you could be a felon exists and you have guns in the house, “even if they belong to your wife” you may want to consider finding another place for them to be stored until this thing is sorted out. If you can gain access to them without much trouble and you are a felon = a felon is possession of a firearm.

"The DWI might be early enough to avoid it being a federal disqualifier"----I really hope DWI's are not a "Federal Disqualifier" cause i know people with DUI/DWI's in a couple states that have carry permits...same is true for "pot convictions"....including in CT, VA, and NH.....Just tell me to shutup if this is just a massachusettes issue..

Just tell me to shutup if this is just a massachusettes issue..
A DUI conviction which occured in MA after the date at which the maximum penalty increased to 2.5 years is a federal disqualifier. Earlier first offense MA DUIs, and convictions from states that do not have possible sentences over 2 years and do not classify the offense as a felony, are not federal disqualifiers.

Mini 30,

I've heard of people getting one conviction sorted out with a lot of lawyers and time and money......

But 3 charges like that.....would be "snowball in Hell" territory....obviously I'm not a lawyer though and you'd definately need advice from one. Good luck in your quest.

Back
Top Bottom