I remember

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Many people are.

The best idea tho is to channel that anger into resolute action to remove the evil that exists.

smokey-seven

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just after I saw the second plane go into the second tower, we rolled out the door to a report of a fire in a high rise. I knew it was terrorism and as I cinched down my Scott Pack I wondered how many of us would die that day.

Read my avitar.

I take a knee and ponder old friends.

AllINeededtoKnow.jpg

Last edited:

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It was the first (and last) time in my life that it seemed Americans were all united.

I remember how strange the skies looked with no planes at all to be seen.

MachineHead

NES Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I remember driving home from an interview that morning and noticing that all radio stations stopped playing music. Mistress Carrie was sobbing on WAAF and Howard Stern wasn't being a wise guy on WBCN.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Let us not forget that people are still dying from cancerous effects of the dust and debris from 9/11. It's difficult to estimate the exact numbers due to the different type of cancers and their latency, some of which may not manifest themselves for decades.

After the Twin Towers fell, a layer of dust and debris coated Manhattan. Hidden among that cloudy air, inhaled by survivors and first responders alike, were carcinogenic particles and chemicals—asbestos, fiberglass, mercury, and benzene, among others. The Natural Resources Defense Council estimates that 300 to 400 tons of asbestos fibers were used to construct the World Trade Center.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...03888/&usg=AFQjCNEwzhHRiQ6kj2bd32y2Iq1D0qzj5Q

jtnf

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0

Attachments

Dadstoys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I remember .
A gal my wife and I grew up with was on one plane and the husband of a gal my wife works with was on another.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I will never forget.

I remember watching the coverage and theories on why the first tower was hit. Any doubt that it was an attack was erased when the second tower was hit.

I flew from Nashville to TF Green once commercial flights resumed. I felt equal measures of sadness and anger upon seeing the smoking remains of the WTC. Quite some time later I did some work at E-One in Ocala. E-One had built many of NYFD's rigs and was rebuilding several that had been damaged on 9/11. It was a tangible reminder of those who sacrificed their lives.

ccm75

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I remember.
I was sitting in a barbershop chair in Westborough.
The guy from the shoe shop next door came in and told us to put on the TV.
We watched the 2nd plane go in.
A guy waiting for a haircut said, "They're going to see the tiger now.." We were basically like WTF?
And he said, "Bush, you wait and see, he is going to bomb the shit out of these people and our lives will never be the same.."
I headed for work and listened to Howard Stern as I drove west to Worcester. He had some good intel and Crazy Cabbie somewhere on a roof top with binos calling out what was going on.
I pulled into the Wal-Mart and the parking lot was full of people sitting in their cars and standing out listening to the radio.
One old guy said, "This is like Pearl Harbor...We're going to war.."
I got to Worcester and made a bunch of calls to family and friends.
Everyone was walking around talking and going office to office watching TV.
I talked to my wife who was at work in Wellesley and she said her office was at a stand still and lots of people were crying.
She said she was leaving early to pick up our 3 year old son from daycare.
I finally said screw this and left work and headed home. Arrived home same time as my wife and son.
We stood in the driveway hugging our son between us and crying.
I was really pissed off and wishing I was 20 years younger and still in the 82nd.
Stayed up late watching TV.
The guy in the barbershop was pretty much right...

smokey-seven

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Coyote33 asked what my avitar reads as he cannot read it. BTW Coyote, clean out your mailbox, it's full and I cannot send a private message.

I've gone looking for the original pic of that avitar and cannot find it anymore.

What it says is "Everything I ever wanted to know about Islam I learned on 9-1-1"

The picture is the NYFD walking into a flaming debris field of the towers.

s&w3913

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have read books on it. The whole day was like a Tom Clancy novel. I remember listening to Bradley approach departure on 119.00 which controls the radar all the way up to Worcester airport area the controller was frantic. Then the air scanner went quiet with only life flight, state police, military and the civil air patrol flying. Back then the army national guard still flew UH-1 Huey's and we have a couple of units in the RI/MA/CT area of Dudley constantly flying people called the police on it and the officer said "tell the lady it's a mass electric helicopter". All state troopers were called for duty that day. The local police went to the schools to supervise early release. I didn't watch much TV coverage about it that day turned it on for 5 minutes and turned it off again. It wasn't until years later I watched documentaries on youtube. The quietness of the airspace on the scanner is something I will never forget. Also all of those white powder calls and actually seeing the U.S. Postal inspectors show up at the post office. I was 18 at the time. Every time I go to TJ max or pass their HQ on the turnpike I think of how many employees they lost.

Right now there are no high school age kids who remember this day they need to be educated about it.

On an other note did we learn from 9/11 I like to think we did atleast on the fire and EMS side of things. On the police side of things the response to the Watertown incident shows that they need to be better trained not to self dispatch and basically shoot at everything.

I also learned that day that the government is not going to truly help you in an emergency of a large scale.

It's also makes me remember all of the innocent lives lost.

Hetzer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Coyote33 asked what my avitar reads as he cannot read it. BTW Coyote, clean out your mailbox, it's full and I cannot send a private message.

I've gone looking for the original pic of that avitar and cannot find it anymore.

What it says is "Everything I ever wanted to know about Islam I learned on 9-1-1"

The picture is the NYFD walking into a flaming debris field of the towers.
Here's a larger version of it:

http://s454.photobucket.com/user/oldcatman/media/911-ISLAM-HIT.jpg.html

Google and Bing image searches were predictably useless but putting your avatar in tineye found a bunch.

http://tineye.com/search/d7702e249869730e6e859665fce98a3b871412c4/?sort=size&order=desc

deerdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No mention in our local paper (Greenfield Recorder) on Friday. The only thing was a couple pages in about how 9/11 benefits are running out.
Mostly liberal garbage in it by the few regulars who write in pushing their views.

Greg

Top Bottom