• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I Really like Mass Firearms School

Guess the employee we asked about it was misinformed too :). Probably just got nervous since my friend was like "I'll just go get my AK from the car..." hahahaha.

When we make a policy it sometimes takes time to get all the staff on board. I will make sure everyone is on the same page on this issue.

Are the backstops different in the back, or it is just about not bothering people with the sound?

In the next couple of months all our lanes should be updated. Before the upgrade we did find .44mag to be abusive on our short range.

UOTE=dvajda;4003127]All in all this is a great range, and has great inventory. I don't like the fact that it gets packed, but I notice many of the people are those just trying out shooting (non-owners), which is a very good thing for shooting and gun ownership in general, so I can deal with it. I am always happy to see new people getting into shooting or at least giving it a try, since that makes perhaps one more informed voter on our side. The facility, store, and range don't have that sketchy "backroom" feel a number of gun shops have, which is big positive for the shooting community's PR and makes for a better experience for non-shooters and visitors.[/QUOTE]

At MFS we see ourselves as on the vanguard of introducing new people to the shooting sports. You will see this reflected in our programs and our sleek look more reminiscent of a high end mall store as opposed to a dingy basement [wink].

Steve

anybody taken their defensive shotgun class? just picked up a shotgun and i wanted to run a quick course of fire with it.

PS - We have 6 lanes at 54 feet and 12 lanes at 40 feet (we also have a 100 yard indoor range in the works [wink] )

I had heard about the plans for a 100 yard range, but I'm confused about where it would go in the current location. Is it being planned offsite somewhere? Parking is already tough some times due to heavy range use and classes, but it would be great to be able to shoot rifles there.

As a member, I enjoy the range and store. The "buy before you try" program is what brought me out to visit with my wife, so she could try a couple of guns to see what worked best for her, when she got her LTC. It is a bit of a drive for me coming from Boston, and the cost of membership was way more than my old range, but having the ability to brings guests has been good, since I can introduce new shooters without it costing them (or me) too much.

I've taken 3 classes from MFS and I already have two more classes in mind for the near future. The course work is generally very concise and they do a great job at explaining things. They are a nice change from the backroom LGS with friendly service. (Not to insult any LGS that have to be in the basement/backrooms, it's just a nice change, I understand this is liberal MA and too many moonbat property owners do not want LGS on their property or only permit them to be in the back...) MFS's website is easy to navigate, updated with current stock, and includes their pricing (this is extremely helpful and lead me to buy two pistols from them). Overall they're one of my recommended LGS, especially those needing to take the MA firearms safety class. But like many have stated, their ammo prices are a tad bit high but I think it's reasonable considering how ammo prices are generally now and days.

At MFS we see ourselves as on the vanguard of introducing new people to the shooting sports. You will see this reflected in our programs and our sleek look more reminiscent of a high end mall store as opposed to a dingy basement [wink].

Now there's an idea: MFS in the Natick Mall! Maybe a couple of lanes right in the middle of the mall, encased in bullet-proof glass. You could have learn-to-shoot kids' birthday parties. Maybe also seasonal events: imagine kids standing in line, their faces full of holiday cheer, waiting to get the Rudolph or Easter Bunny target in the sights of the Savage Rascal. My wife would find it a lot easier to get me to come to the mall, that's for sure!

Other things on my MFS wishlist:

(1) More rental guns. Ideally, anything that they offer for sale should also be available at the rental counter. Personally, I'd love to see Ruger GP101 and SP101 (3" and 2" barrel), S&W model 60 (3" and 2" barrel), Kahr PM9/CM9, and some more .380 pistols. (Story time: A staff told me that they used to have a Walther PPS, but it kept breaking, and Walther's customer service sucked, so they gave up on it.)

They have a PM9, I shot it a couple of weeks ago and saw it in the case on Sunday (6/29) when they opened. If you want to abuse your trigger finger with an unmodified PPS, you can shoot mine. [wink]

I had heard about the plans for a 100 yard range, but I'm confused about where it would go in the current location.

At the current time we are negotiating the purchase of one of the large buildings in the business park we are located in.

- - - Updated - - -

Now there's an idea: MFS in the Natick Mall! Maybe a couple of lanes right in the middle of the mall, encased in bullet-proof glass. You could have learn-to-shoot kids' birthday parties. Maybe also seasonal events: imagine kids standing in line, their faces full of holiday cheer, waiting to get the Rudolph or Easter Bunny target in the sights of the Savage Rascal. My wife would find it a lot easier to get me to come to the mall, that's for sure!

That is a great idea. [wink]

Went in today to break in my first firearm, M&P Shield 9mm. I had taken my safety course there last year.
First time for me at a range and everyone was very nice and didn't make me feel like a noob. I am doing some research on where to get a membership but I will most likely end up purchasing a membership next month.

I too would like to see some distance markers of some kind.

Another vote for MFS school! Luckily I live close by and I have been very happy about the place. The facility is great, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Its great that you can pay as you go to shoot or become a member and like others said-no nonsense club stuff like needing sponsors, meetings, work hours etc. We are all busy these days and we just want a simple place to have fun and practice our shooting and MFS does this and then some.

sleek look more reminiscent of a high end mall store as opposed to a dingy basement
Very nicely done.

The real challenge is putting money into keeping it in that shape. All ranges and range lobbies start out shiny and new, but then fall apart as no money is put into upkeep. Based in your track record, I don't expect this to happen.

My restrictions were lifted from my LTC after I obtained a few certificates from MFS. (Concealed Carry 1 and 2, Judgement/Tactics class) the lieutenant had no problem giving me an LTC-A non-restricted after I took those courses. The instructor (Mac) is a great guy, too!

Gotta agree that MFS is a class act. I took the CCW 2 class this weekend and had a great time.

Today I got a follow up survey and a thank you note.

These guys are always very professional and friendly and obviously care about what they're doing. I always enjoy time there and am happy to buy stuff there to support them.

I wish they weren't so far away from me. Maybe I'll stock some ammo and take an extra long range trip there with the girlfriend soon.

Back
Top Bottom