• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I put together my M1D

dhuze

NES Member
An island surrounded by land on three sides
So I bought this M1D from the CMP and added a reproduction scope and cheek pad. It's a June 1943 manufacture date. All parts are Springfield.
I took it to the range last weekend to "sort of" get it sighted in until I got the cheek pad. The groups at 50 yards show good promise at about 1". I can't wait to get it back there and sighted in at 200 yards.

IMG_6349_zpshd0yliwh.jpg

IMG_6351_zpsc9bx8l26.jpg

IMG_6350_zpsrapsjmvt.jpg

IMG_6354_zpslzz8qicc.jpg

df31000b-b43c-41e3-9026-2aa2e862257e_zpshsznefwo.jpg

d4a90f66-7669-4c0b-b301-031d4e45a6ca_zpslikpwluu.jpg

Any idea what the electro pencil # is for on the mount

The general consensus at the CMP is that it is likely the scope number that was used on the rifle.

Very nice! Got to sweat up that cheek pad though. [smile]

The picture I ordered from showed a darker leather. I put some saddle paste on it so it's a bit darker, but I just told someone the same thing. I said I needed to sweat on it and grind some dirt in it.

Nice! 1" at 50 is good. 2" at 200 will keep you in the 10-ring all day. Was thinking about one of these- might go for it if I see one at the New England Games or maybe if I drive south to see family I could stop in Anniston. I have an old cheek pad already, may as well get the rest of it LOL. Cool gun- keep us posted!

Nice! 1" at 50 is good. 2" at 200 will keep you in the 10-ring all day. Was thinking about one of these- might go for it if I see one at the New England Games or maybe if I drive south to see family I could stop in Anniston. I have an old cheek pad already, may as well get the rest of it LOL. Cool gun- keep us posted!

I had a flash hider I thought would grow into a M1d or a M1c but a generous offer for the hider put a stop to that... I almost snagged one of the CMP special M1d but funds are no longer flowing

1" at 50 yards is 2moa which is very good and "should" be 10 ring all day... if we could deliver[smile]

Last edited:
I had a flash hider I thought would grow into a M1d or a M1c but a generous offer for the hider put a stop to that... I almost snagged one of the CMP special M1d but funds are no longer flowing

1" at 50 yards is 2moa which is very good and "should" be 10 ring all day... if we could deliver[smile]

The AR-6.5CM started as a NES port cover, so the cheek should be an even better start for a M1C or D. [grin]

Between being busy and the weather I haven't had a chance to get to the range again and dial this thing in. I am having my gall bladder removed next Wednesday so I'm not sure if I am getting to the range any time soon.

What? If you'll be out of work for a while to recover, boy – just think of all the range time you could squeeze in. LOL…

Good luck with the surgery. I hope everything goes well.

Back
Top Bottom