• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I needed to share this tender moment

IMG_0479.jpg IMG_0480.jpg IMG_0478.jpg

this was made for me by a good friend. It's a Hawkins .50cal with a hand carved walnut stock and the barrel is made by a gentleman that uses a 150 year old rifling lathe from what I am told. All the trim pieces are german silver and pewter under the barrel...
this is what I use for muzzle loader season.

Nice! I don't know if I like the inlaid (what is that metal?) or the carving better. Both are so nice.

I know a guy who is into the old stuff. He uses bee's nests for packing material, just like they would in the old days.

Man, how nice is that....love that stock work. Picked up a slow night in work just looking at it. Appreciate you putting the photos up, enjoyed them.

SWEET !!! how does she shoot ?
she shoots real nice . I tend to shoot to the right a bit cuz I hold a little loose.

Nice! I don't know if I like the inlaid (what is that metal?) or the carving better. Both are so nice.

I know a guy who is into the old stuff. He uses bee's nests for packing material, just like they would in the old days.
the inlay is german silver he makes the mold himself and has a metal smith make the piece.

I have had this for 3 years now and out of tradition I have been taking it for a walk in the woods( i haven't gotten a deer with it yet) every season.

it runs around 11 pounds and shoots like a canon.

I'm glad you guys like it, it's something I have wanted all my life. nothing against commercial made ones, but having one made totally from scratch is just awesome.. if anybody wants to go shoot some black powder say the word I am always up for it..

here's his website.
http://www.dlthomasfineartsstudio.com/intpics.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom