• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I need your help, and to help yourselves! *2A Battle*

Sure I'd love to see "constitutional carry" in MA, I'd love to see it in FL, thank God we have it in NH and something like 30 other states.

As much as the good Doctor wants to tilt at the windmills known as the Commonwealth of MA, he is ignoring the decisions of the U S Supreme Court.

We, as a group and as individuals have had some favorable rulings over the last 15 years from the U S Supreme Court.

Granted none have been slam dunk in our favor, but I'll take the small gains when I can get them and hope for more.

Even in the Bruen case, which most have seen as a giant leap in restoring 2A rights, it still allows, as in Heller, the States to have licensing for firearms.

What Bruen did was void limitations on carrying outside of the home, affirming that you have a right to bear arms outside your home.

It also removed discretionary licensing... for the most part.

If you are not a PP, felon, or have some other statutory disqualifier, you should be able to get, if required in your home state, a license or permit to carry concealed subject to the limitations as laid out in various Supreme Court decisions.

As for out of state... good question.... that is still being debated.... personally if you are licensed in one state, it should be good for all, but not all licenses are valid across state lines.... my drivers license is, my Appraisers license is not.

MA will never be a constitutional carry state until they are forced to be by a Supreme Court decision, but states are free to adapt constitutional carry if they wish.

We all hoped Bruen would be the decision that finally stopped the BS, but unfortunately compromises are made when arguing law, and although many suggest Justice Thomas wanted to rip the states a new rear facing bodily orifice, in order to get six Justices to hand down the decision we got, a middle ground was found among them as to the rule of law.

The Good Doctors case is not going to be settled in the MA courts in our favor. Never. Ever.

And his chances of getting into the Federal Courts and getting a decision in his favor are currently IMHO zero, at least in this district.

There is a one in about 500,000 chance that his case could make it to the Supreme Court and be accepted.

He better hope it can be done before the ideological makeup of the court changes.

Even then he is going to need a group with deep pockets on his side.

I don't see GOAL, the NRA, Pink Pistols, or any other group rushing to his side.

Frankly he is not the person we want as the face of such a monumental task.

He is not going to get the sympathy of many people.

Russell Booker and Michael Wyman were the wrong people to be the face of a challenge to Lautenberg, and we lost that one in a big way..... yes or no have you stopped beating your wife..... I have expressed my opinions on Lautenberg before..... it has stripped more law abiding citizens of their gun rights without due process or even having criminal charges filed.... than any other law in American history.

When dealing with high stakes decisions, it helps to have a sympathetic plaintiff.

In the good Doctors case, even if for the sake of conversation say that he is correct in his position and the law is wrong, he is not IMHO the right person to be the face of that battle.

The guy who got nabbed the other day by BPD for "carrying concealed in violation of his T&H restrictions " would be a much better face to put in front of the public IMHO

read both his threads and look at what he's already put to the courts. he dug his own hole and he dug deep. probably had half a chance if he had kept his mouth shut and gone the good lawyer route from the beginning.

I've already read his threads plus a fair bit more about him and his legal battles that aren't on this forum. You think someone fighting for their civil rights, specifically under the 2A, is just someone digging a hole? You might be fine with bending over and taking it up the ass, but not everyone else is.

Or maybe not carried a gun after his LTC was revoked, and gotten a lawyer to deal with that. Would have been a lot easier to fight the revocation if he hadn't gone out and got himself a possession charge.
PSGWSP

You think exercising your 2A rights is playing stupid games? GTFOOH with that bullshit.

Frankly he is not the person we want as the face of such a monumental task.

He is not going to get the sympathy of many people.

When dealing with high stakes decisions, it helps to have a sympathetic plaintiff.

In the good Doctors case, even if for the sake of conversation say that he is correct in his position and the law is wrong, he is not IMHO the right person to be the face of that battle.

The guy who got nabbed the other day by BPD for "carrying concealed in violation of his T&H restrictions " would be a much better face to put in front of the public IMHO

People always say this, and it's complete unfounded nonsense.

First, if a former military officer and medical doctor isn't "the right person", who the f*** is, Jesus Christ himself? How completely idiotic.

Second, there are so many cases involving complete shitbags that result in favorable rulings anyways. Hell, as already been pointed out in this thread, US v. Miller, Miller was a confessed bank robber.

I've already read his threads plus a fair bit more about him and his legal battles that aren't on this forum. You think someone fighting for their civil rights, specifically under the 2A, is just someone digging a hole? You might be fine with bending over and taking it up the ass, but not everyone else is.

You think exercising your 2A rights is playing stupid games? GTFOOH with that bullshit.
I made it clear, it's not the fight, it's how he went about it. You can fight a tank with a slingshot, but that would be stupid too, no matter how righteous your cause.

And YES, if you are fighting a revocation of an LTC in MA, carrying while the fight is ongoing would be STUPID. If you can't see that I can't help you.

I made it clear, it's not the fight, it's how he went about it.

I see. Because he didn't do it the way you think he should, he deserves what he gets and should just give up his guns. Seriously, there's something wrong with you tonight.

You can fight a tank with a slingshot, but that would be stupid too, no matter how righteous your cause.

He's already beat at least a dozen charges, so what are you on about?

And YES, if you are fighting a revocation of an LTC in MA, carrying while the fight is ongoing would be STUPID. If you can't see that I can't help you.

Well there's your problem. He's not fighting an LTC revocation. So maybe it would behoove of you to understand what's going on before you throw shade at me.

People always say this, and it's complete unfounded nonsense.

First, if a former military officer and medical doctor isn't "the right person", who the f*** is, Jesus Christ himself? How completely idiotic.

Second, there are so many cases involving complete shitbags that result in favorable rulings anyways. Hell, as already been pointed out in this thread, US v. Miller, Miller was a confessed bank robber.
I respect your opinion, but I'll agree to disagree.

Someone who has been arrested 4 times for carrying in violation of what I believe is a legal state law ( even though I hate the law), with a "sex worker" in tow, after having their LTC yanked and not restored...

Now if he wanted to argue that in light of the Bruen decision, having his LTC arbitrarily revoked on "suitability" by Brookline was unconstitutional, and that he would , if not for his LTC being revoked without cause otherwise have been in good standing..assuming he had gotten a non resident LTC when he changed his legal address to NH... and assuming his magazines were "pre ban" I'd be in his court all day for the first case.... but four.... that is a bit past my pain point.

You are correct, dirtbags deserve equal protection under the law and in the courts, I should have worded my post a bit differently, but it helps when the plaintiff is more sympathetic IMHO.

edit: Even if the mags were post ban I'd still support him if it were a first offense

I see. Because he didn't do it the way you think he should, he deserves what he gets and should just give up his guns. Seriously, there's something wrong with you tonight.

He's already beat at least a dozen charges, so what are you on about?

Well there's your problem. He's not fighting an LTC revocation. So maybe it would behoove of you to understand what's going on before you throw shade at me.
you're just throwing insults, you're not even making rational points and you clearly unable or unwilling to get the meaning of what's posted. Go back to your drinking, crawl back into your hole where the real world doesn't matter.
Have fun
Good luck

I wonder if he has 10K for a retainer?

At $250 an hour, that will cover the first 35 hours, plus records requests and filing fees.

Make that 20K, no lawyer in his/her right mind is going to do this for less than $500/hr.

Just the consultation alone will send most good competent Attorneys running the other way..... it just isn't worth the hassle.
Hassle ....Thats rich

you're just throwing insults, you're not even making rational points and you clearly unable or unwilling to get the meaning of what's posted. Go back to your drinking, crawl back into your hole where the real world doesn't matter.
Have fun
Good luck

The irony is off the charts with this post, in two different aspects! First, here wasn't a single insult in my post, yet your entire post is one. Second, I pointed out where you were factually incorrect and you think that's irrational. He's not fighting an LTC revocation and you said PSGWSP which is a euphemism for you get what you deserve.

I suspect your drinking quip was projection.

You seem to despise the 2A. At the very least, you aren't concerned about violations of it. And I can not and will not respect someone who is okay with that.

The irony is off the charts with this post, in two different aspects! First, here wasn't a single insult in my post, yet your entire post is one. Second, I pointed out where you were factually incorrect and you think that's irrational. He's not fighting an LTC revocation and you said PSGWSP which is a euphemism for you get what you deserve.

I suspect your drinking quip was projection.

You seem to despise the 2A. At the very least, you aren't concerned about violations of it. And I can not and will not respect someone who is okay with that.
AGAIN this is the reading comprehension I bring up. You make statements attributed to me and then comment on them, but I never said these things, you're just making up stuff to comment on.

I said
Or maybe not carried a gun after his LTC was revoked, and gotten a lawyer to deal with that. Would have been a lot easier to fight the revocation if he hadn't gone out and got himself a possession charge.
and in response to your "You think exercising your 2A rights is playing stupid games? GTFOOH with that bullshit." I said
Note the "Would have been" and "if you are" in reference to fighting an LTC revocation. In english this would indicate a speculative situation, NOT an actual ongoing situation. In other words, it does not say he "is" fighting an LTC revocation, but "if" he was to engage in such a fight. The "Would have been" at a stretch, might be confused to mean had (past tense) engaged in such a fight, but even that would have been a leap from the obvious meaning of should be engaged in that action.

Nowhere did I ever say he currently engaged in a revocation appeal. So your comment that I did is pure fiction.

AGAIN this is the reading comprehension I bring up. You make statements attributed to me and then comment on them, but I never said these things, you're just making up stuff to comment on.

I said

and in response to your "You think exercising your 2A rights is playing stupid games? GTFOOH with that bullshit." I said

You just edited out the “PSGWSP”. Stop being disingenuous.

Nowhere did I ever say he currently engaged in a revocation appeal. So your comment that I did is pure fiction.

Oh really?

PSGWSP

Oh, I see. Fighting a revocation is totally different from appealing a revocation. You’re right. 🙄

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and perspectives.

We have laws in this country, and they are all supposed to be constitutional, both as written AND as applied.
"Acts of Congress are to be construed and applied in harmony with, and not to thwart, the purpose of the Constitution." Phelps v. U.S. 274 U.S. 341 (1927).

The LTC is intended for "professional licensing" in "specified occupations." See Purpose and Scope at 803 CMR 2.01 (https://www.mass.gov/doc/803-cmr-2-criminal-offender-record-information-cori/download) and MGL 6 § 172B.5 (https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleII/Chapter6/Section172B.5)

It was never intended to apply to the people's arms for personal use, see MGL 62C § 55A (https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleIX/Chapter62c/Section55a)

The truth is all I know and understand.

I think the reality OP has to deal with, and anyone facing Court for alleged violations, is not only 'the truth'. As we learned in grammar school the Judiciary holds the responsibility for interpreting the law. And to make it more complex, previous case decisions become de facto law, calling it 'case law'. All that means Judiciary has the final word on what 'the truth' is.

OP: your research into 2A/licensing is compelling. Ultimately it will depend on how your judge interprets the law. Most if not all judges will not see repeated offenses while your case is in progress favorably to you. Judgement involves consideration of not only the truth and facts, but intentions, opportunity and means. You will have to prepare as well to defend those things just as you have with the rule of law.

Good luck and hope you prevail.

Hey I just remembered, the OP isn't fighting this as a 2a issue, his position in court is that the law on LTCs, as written, does not apply to him because it's a professional license.
That's not a 2a challenge.

42! said:
PSGWSP
Oh, I see. Fighting a revocation is totally different from appealing a revocation. You’re right. 🙄
Where do I say he is fighting a revocation, or an appeal? You keep saying I did then quote my post where I say no such thing. Here I bolded the words for you. "Or maybe" as in speculation, and "Would" as in something he could have done if not for what he did do. This is like arguing with someone saying the sky is green while pointing at the blue sky

We have laws in this country, and they are all supposed to be constitutional, both as written AND as applied.
other people tried to tell you the same, and i think you just got stuck with a wrong assumption what the 'law' in this country really is.
there is no code of law here. it is, essentially, lawless. any judge has to obey the guidelines of the constitution, sure, but, it is like in a pirates world - more of a guidelines than a code.
and local judges you will face, here, in MA, are not of the kind who care of what those constitutional guidelines even are. the only care of existing cases and existing political narrative to maintain.

and whatever each asshat judge declares - becomes a law, unless it gets overturned later. good luck to you anyway.

and to put it more bluntly - all what matters in the american court is if you are likable or not. guilty or not, right or wrong - all that requires thinking and thinking is HARD. and no one does HARD here.

Anyone who knows a serious 2A attorney, please send him my way!
Thank you! Send emails to LibertyWithoutLicense@gmail.com.
i just study and I think for myself.
then I’m gonna stand up for the truth, come hell and high water.
and yeah, I got the best lawyer I can find — me.
Care to document what happened in the interim to make you change your mind? Don't say you weren't warned.

I hope he sends us his inmate number and where they are going to keep him so we can send some money to his canteen fund

JHC,
'Doc' read my pre-COVID, pre-Biden thread in the NES Comm2A thread, the evidence presented against me was hearsay, manufactured and was 100% photoshopped, still the DA was trying to get me to plea out 15 months later. Two NES lawyers @scrivner, and another here, I forget, told me to cop to a plea. After 20 months I pushed all in on an aces full hand. The day of trial the DA quipped 'witness dispositive' before the trial started and My ex wisely took the 5th. I was facing 6 years. If I learned anything on NES was STFU. I empathize with your plight, but so many fails. Best of luck Doc.

Back
Top Bottom