I need to buckle down...

I have been looking to get my Tech license for a while, work and other matters have put me off. Does anyone have clubs that are in the Woburn, MA area?

I have an app to test myself, I was doing well but things got away from me and I need to review the basics, etc. I am hoping to proceed to my General, and maybe my Extra.

I have logins to eham and qrz but I wanted some advice from locals on where I can go to take the exam.

Thanks!!

Not sure of active clubs, but you can look up where they are giving exams here:

http://www.arrl.org/find-an-amateur-radio-license-exam-session

Also, the FCC is changing up the Technician exam question pool at the end of this month. A new set of questions goes into effect July 1 2014 and will be used through June 2018. If you are well on your way through the current pool you might try to put a push on taking the test before the end of the month. If you're unable to test in the next couple of weeks whatever effort you put in to studying will absolutely put you ahead of the game in learning the new 'answers' to the exam.

I passed the Tech back in 1993 and have been studying for the General since last fall and had honestly expected to take the exam before the end of 2013. Work got crazy and the radio stuff took a back seat. I have a sweet HF rig I'm dying to put to use and am still studying (hamtestonline.com) every couple of weeks or so. I hope to take the exam in the fall when things slow down.

Good luck!

Not sure of active clubs, but you can look up where they are giving exams here:

http://www.arrl.org/find-an-amateur-radio-license-exam-session

Also, the FCC is changing up the Technician exam question pool at the end of this month. A new set of questions goes into effect July 1 2014 and will be used through June 2018. If you are well on your way through the current pool you might try to put a push on taking the test before the end of the month. If you're unable to test in the next couple of weeks whatever effort you put in to studying will absolutely put you ahead of the game in learning the new 'answers' to the exam.

I passed the Tech back in 1993 and have been studying for the General since last fall and had honestly expected to take the exam before the end of 2013. Work got crazy and the radio stuff took a back seat. I have a sweet HF rig I'm dying to put to use and am still studying (hamtestonline.com) every couple of weeks or so. I hope to take the exam in the fall when things slow down.

Good luck!

Thanks Evtide!

I knew the exam was changing at the end of June. One reason I was "pacing myself." :)

I can usually crush questions regarding capacitance, inductance, resistance, etc. but when you get those "FCC" questions I do marginally.

But that's how it goes. :)

Gary,
Evtide's advice is good. Check AARL website for list of testing sites/dates. I took the Tech and Extra in Billerica. Tests are given monthly at Billerica Library.
It's not to far from Woburn.
Also, hamtestonline is a great study program.
Good luck.
Karl
W1ZHU

Gary,
Evtide's advice is good. Check AARL website for list of testing sites/dates. I took the Tech and Extra in Billerica. Tests are given monthly at Billerica Library.
It's not to far from Woburn.
Also, hamtestonline is a great study program.
Good luck.
Karl
W1ZHU

Billerica cold work. Thanks for letting me know.

I have been on QRZ.com trying to brush up. This weekend I am doing some studying! :)

Back
Top Bottom