• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I need some 1" or 1 1/2" steel square tubing

quinnjalan

NES Member
All, I need about 10 feet of 1" or 1 1/2" steel square tubing. If anyone has some knocking about let me know. Keep in mind it can be new, used, or part of something I can hack up. Willing to pay a reasonable price. I live in Harvard MA and will drive 30 or so miles to pick up. Thanks

Do you need a 10’ section?
No scrap yards around?
steel suppliers ? Sometimes they have rusty 2nds

OP what you building

I will be looking for some angle Iron and 2x3” tube for a table saw fence project. Im trying to find some better quality , as in a true and square product . Im not sure if it matters much yet.

Welch Welding in N Chelmsford sells clean steel stored indoors.
Cavalier Welding in Acton also sells steel but it may be outside and rusty.
There was a steel place west of Harvard (Milford maybe??) that also sold steel. I bought a plate from them but it was 15 years ago.

There is a steel yard in the Northboro / Marlboro line area off of Rte 20
Central Steel Supply- Marlborough, Ma
www.centralsteelsupply.com
Central Steel Supply is Eastern New England's "Premier Steel Service Center" From its start in 1945 in Cambridge to its present efficient location in Marlborough, MA. We have grown one customer at a time by providing them steel delivered with excellent service at a …

• 85 Ames St, Marlborough, MA 01752 · (508) 573-5300

Last edited:
There is generally a minimum charge.
You could get twice as much for probably the same price.
If you're cutting it into smaller pieces, Home Depot and Lowes sell short pieces (higher price than the steel suppliers though)

OP what you building

I will be looking for some angle Iron and 2x3” tube for a table saw fence project. Im trying to find some better quality , as in a true and square product . Im not sure if it matters much yet.

How much angle iron and what size? I got some 3" and 2 1/2" 1/4" thick in ruffly 3-4' sections, light rust not heavy.

Back
Top Bottom