• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I NEED PICS

Is it me or is a post to sell, trade, or buy just not worth it unless you can see the gun? I wish more people would take the time and snap a pic to show you the gun. Everyone has a digital camera and obviously a computer so take a pic and show your product. Its hard to want to drive 1-3 hrs in any direction without seeing what it looks like. Just an observation.

I agree- unless...

unless it's something very specific.

Like when somebody says:

FS- Glock 26, 3rd gen, born in 2007, NEW in box, never fired, newer slick paint over tennifer finish. Copper grease still in place. FTF only. Plus if they are a reputable NESer.

Anyone know of a deal like that?

EDIT: I just found out that such deals are being scrutinized by the AG. At first, I thought it would be cool to have newer Glock. I just heard that people are being busted for this. Having a new Glock is not worth losing you LTC or ending up in jail!!!

EDIT EDIT: That can't be true. From what everybody says here, the dealer that told me that is trying to scare me into getting one of his guns instead.

I think that if it's a person who is on this forum and they make an accurate verbal description, it's worth the ride.

Some people say that the best buys were from people on this forum.

Last edited:
Jammin,
If it is a "commodity" gun, like a glock and the description is thorough AND the price is fair, it will sell very fast.
New guys would definately benefit from a couple of decent photos.
OTOH, poor quality photos are worse than none.

I have bought and sold a few. both with and without photos. A good description, good price, and someone that I "know" from the forum is enough for me.

Be assured that anyone misrepresenting a firearm would not last very long on NES.

Jack

Jammin,
If it is a "commodity" gun, like a glock and the description is thorough AND the price is fair, it will sell very fast.
New guys would definately benefit from a couple of decent photos.
OTOH, poor quality photos are worse than none.

I have bought and sold a few. both with and without photos. A good description, good price, and someone that I "know" from the forum is enough for me.

Be assured that anyone misrepresenting a firearm would not last very long on NES.

Jack
+1 on the NES reputation but pics are nice to.

I put a want ad out for a SW638 last spring. A reputable NES'er responded saying he had one in new condition. No pictures, but the gun turned out exactly like he said.

Back
Top Bottom