• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I need a LTC-020 class certificate for my CT Non Res

Reptile

NES Member
Who is running classes that are not on the weekend?

Edit:

I just signed up with:

McDermott & Company, Inc.

On a Saturday that I AM available.

I figure we can keep this thread alive for anyone who wants to chime in.

Last edited:
LTC-020 is a proprietary course. Developed and owned by Rob McDermott. He has licensed it to very few instructors so unlike NRA courses, most of us can not teach it. If run properly it is a good course as I have co-taught it with a friend who was the first person that Rob licensed to teach it. Said friend was smart and escaped MA a number of years ago.

The MA Pistol License Course (LTC-020) is indeed approved by CT, provided that it includes some CT info which is not part of the course as originally approved by MA. CT also requires specific language to be added to the MA certificate to indicate that the course included this info. There are a handful of courses that have been approved by CT, a couple of which are no longer offered to the public (i.e. the S&W CT course). The state does not publish a list of these courses. It took me 2-1/2 years to secure CT approval.

See you at the class.

FYI, my LTC-020 course had >50% market share of new MA licensees in 2017.

This will be my last year teaching in MA. My house is on the market, and I plan to retire in NC, or as I tell people “I’m moving back to America”. My licensed Instructors/Firearm Schools will carry on the tradition.

I was offering to do the NRA Basic Pistol Course not Rob's Course. The NRA Basic Pistol Course is approved by CT.

Back
Top Bottom