• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I must have been sleeping?

Pic on that link was taken after the rally was long over and most of the crowd had dispersed. Typical of the media.

It is my understanding that Matt Light was not present (was out of state) but that (I believe) Jim Wallace was reading an email from Matt at the rally.

From your link:

HEALEY: AMERICANS HAVE "SEEN ENOUGH" GUN VIOLENCE
[Developing] Seizing a stance that Democrats see as politically salient, Attorney General Maura said Tuesday her announcement last week that she would enforce a ban on copycat assault weapons had an impact on manufacturers.

"I think the American public is at a point where they have seen enough," Healey said at a Philadelphia panel held in conjunction with the Democratic National Convention. She said, "This is about respect for human life and this is about fundamentally changing the culture in this country."

Think that she has been hanging out at the WH too much. Sounds like Bl-Obama

This is why we need to better feed the beast when it comes to media coverage. We need to construct the most attractive news moment during peak crowd. Perhaps a big name speaker during peak time.

This is why we need to better feed the beast when it comes to media coverage. We need to construct the most attractive news moment during peak crowd. Perhaps a big name speaker during peak time.

There weren't any speakers after people left. During peak times we had speeches from State Senators, Congressmen, GOAL President/VP and a reading of an statement from Matt Light. If the media (who was there the whole time) chooses to highlight events that occurred after people left, I'm not sure what we can do. For all we know they're over there getting more photos of the rally right now, a mere three days late.

When we had the big rally in the Common a few years ago we had some good national level speakers. IIRC the press wasn't impressed.

TL/DR: The press is going to tell the story as they see fit. Unless one of us opens up our own newspaper, we're at their mercy.

No. Matt Light wasn't there. He said on a radio show earlier in the week that he wasn't going to be able to make it but encouraged everyone else to go who could.

From your link:

HEALEY: AMERICANS HAVE "SEEN ENOUGH" GUN VIOLENCE
[Developing] Seizing a stance that Democrats see as politically salient, Attorney General Maura said Tuesday her announcement last week that she would enforce a ban on copycat assault weapons had an impact on manufacturers.

"I think the American public is at a point where they have seen enough," Healey said at a Philadelphia panel held in conjunction with the Democratic National Convention. She said, "This is about respect for human life and this is about fundamentally changing the culture in this country."

Think that she has been hanging out at the WH too much. Sounds like Bl-Obama

More proof that it was just a political stunt by the runt.

Or, we need some of the women in many people's avatars

Back
Top Bottom