I must have Alzheimer's Disease

I was just cleaning out one of my safes, trying to figure out to fit more handguns in it. The only reason I was doing it was the child bride put her foot down about me lugging a 3rd safe home. She walked away muttering some thing that sounded like, enough is enough.

Oh well another good idea shot down. So I start to take every thing out and way in the back, I find 2 Walther PPK/S's. One SS and the other blue. Both of them in real nice holsters. Now I'm thrilled. I said, to myself, gezz I forgot I had these. I had bought them new about 20 years ago.

So I start opening more pistol rugs and I found a SS Model 67 with rubber grips, that I bought about 10 years ago and forgot about. Oh happy days are here again.

Then I find an extra Mossberg 500 with a choke on it next to another 500. All of a sudden I realize it was my younger departed brother's shotgun.

Then starting again I find in the very bottom, in the back on the floor, all sorts of ammo. 1000 rounds of .380 Egyptian military surplus, in brown boxes. That must be 50 years old. 300 rounds of 38's and some small packages of 38 shot shells. A large cardboard box with about 1000 loose rounds of every type of handgun caliber. It's going to take hours to go through that mess.

Now this stuff was just in one safe I still havn't gone through the other safe or the rest of the stuff in the room. It amazes me how I forgot these things, oh well, I guess you do pick up alot of stuff in 35 years. But I still think I need a new safe.

Be careful talking about Alzheimers. There is a bill currently in the MA legislature that would do the following:

1) Any doctor treating a patient for Alzheimers MUST report that treatment

2) Any such report MUST be followed up by revocation and confiscation of license and guns

3) No appeal or review

4) Doctors indemnified from suit.

I suspect that the AARP will go nuts once they find out about this dispite the 'gun' issue as it has much broader implications. I wonder how many people on hearing about this will simply ignore treatment for fear of the state taking away their life.

Back on topic...

I know what you mean. Before I go buying any supplies, I do a quick digging to see if I really need it, because I usually already have extra on hand. Have not 'forgotten' any guns. Mainly because I like to rotate them to classes or try out new storage configurations so that I can fit or more easily access something. I do like the pegboard idea I saw on another thread. Got me thinking about sliding racks even. (^_^)

I've never forgotten any that I ever owned and some go back 29 years.

No, AARP (or ACLU) will NOT get involved in the bill to confiscate guns from anyone with Alzheimer's. They both favor confiscating all guns from any civilian, so this bill will help their cause.

I'd say that this bill stands a good chance of passage, if not this time within a few years, as they will keep refiling it until it does pass.

"No, AARP (or ACLU) will NOT get involved in the bill to confiscate guns from anyone with Alzheimer's. They both favor confiscating all guns from any civilian, so this bill will help their cause. "

Substitute DRIVERS license for firearms license and watch the raisins go beserk! Heaven forbid those too senile to distinguish throttle from brake not be permitted to drive through storefronts and into gas pumps..... [roll]

I never forget guns (at least that I can remember [wink]), but I was cleaning out the back of the bedroom closed a few months back. Under a bunch of luggage and other junk I found two large GI ammo cans full of .223 that I purchased from Sherwoods when they were running a sale back in the late 70's. The price tags were the give away ... $1.99+tax a box. [shock] [shock]

Ken

Bugs100,

I guess those were mine! Could you ship it back to me? [lol] You dont have Alzheimer's, you're just being forgetful of some things! [lol]

I can't afford to forget a gun I own, I don't have that many

But a month ago I was doing the annual (whether it needs it or not) car cleaning at the carwash and found a case of 7.62 X39 in the back of the trunk covered with a sleeping bag and other junk. The scary thing is I only bought it a few months ago. I guess I'm letting work and life distract me more than I think.

I do have a spread sheet that has every firearm I have on it . The problem that I have is I pay a lot more attention to my favorite ones, that I llke to carry.

When you buy more than 1 or 2 guns a year for 35 years, it gets hard to pay attention to all of them. I look for bargains on old blue S&W N frames constantly. I just drove 150 miles to get a Model 27 4 inch, for $350.

Alll most all the guns I have are for investment. My Model 27 collection has increased in value faster than my 401k. You can't take a IRA to the bank and shoot it. A long time ago I decided to save any extra cash some where it couldn't get taxed. What a better place to put it in, then some thing you can enjoy and use at the same time.

Scrivener said:
Substitute DRIVERS license for firearms license and watch the raisins go beserk! Heaven forbid those too senile to distinguish throttle from brake not be permitted to drive through storefronts and into gas pumps..... [roll]

Covered one today. " Opps, gas for brake." Luckily no one around and not through the storefront but in the front of the store.

Guns I know what I have and where they are. Most of mine are safe queens, as I only shoot a handful due to limited time.

Ammo is another story. Some cleanups have led to some real surprises.

Scrivener said:
"No, AARP (or ACLU) will NOT get involved in the bill to confiscate guns from anyone with Alzheimer's. They both favor confiscating all guns from any civilian, so this bill will help their cause. "

You are right!

AARP and ACLU treat the "right" to drive as if it were in the US Constitution. Otherwise they choose to defend some Amendments and ignore (or worse, lobby against) other Amendments!

Back
Top Bottom