• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I must be doing something right!

citoriguy

NES Member
Having read various threads on various forums, I’m convinced that I’m either living a good life, or just damn lucky. I mailed my C&R application out on March 13th. The license arrived today with a postmark dated March 29. Both dates in 2019. :)

Are they turning these around that quickly now?

I don't recall any of my C&Rs ever taking more than a month +-. Its lengthy NFA transfer times that really piss me off royally!!

Was it because you put that $100 bill in with the application? Jack.

Hey Jack - you promised you weren’t going to say anything!

I don't recall any of my C&Rs ever taking more than a month +-. Its lengthy NFA transfer times that really piss me off royally!!

I’ve read a couple of stories online of 2-3, 3.5 month waits. I can’t remember when those articles were dated though. I know NFAs are ridiculously long.

actually, this is THE WORST thing that can happen to you. be prepared to never have disposable income again !!
BTW, I have CR guns for sale in the classifieds ;)

No kidding. I have that problem now between guns and woodworking. Thankfully I have an understanding wife (actually she prefers if I’m not in the house, period, but whatever...).

Also - should I just make color copies of the original and then sign and date them when I need to use them? Or should I make the copies, then sign the original and store it someplace safe?

the original never gets signed. you execute the copy by signing it. i carry a couple in my wallet folded up just in case ;)

i also put a line through the one i execute and put file copy on one side and the firearm i am buying on the other (e.g. SKS).. that means someone can't use my license. or at least not buy anything but an SKS... LOL

Back
Top Bottom