I made a first time posting on Armslist. Oh boy, people don't read!

I think most people read but just take a shot regardless figuring that they donā€™t have much to lose by trying.

You might be right. I just don't want random firearms when I've filled the niche people offer me.

The other people are the ones who post a nice gun at a decent price, and then respond and ghost after that. Just say you changed your mind or are busy people!

A simple reply saying that you already have that niche covered or that you just don't have any interest will suffice. Don't get to bent out of shape about it. You never know when someone is going to tempt you with something you didn't know you really needed or when some particularly motivated trader offers a deal with the numbers strongly in your favor. If you're not insulting when you decline, they might keep sweetening the offer. Most folks first offer isn't their best.

I understand the frustration. Sometimes i like when someone throws out something not on my list. Occasionally theres something i havent thought of.

Also, armslist is a weird thing. Ive gotten a lot more weird people and tire kickers there, but also seem to have more people actually buy my stuff there when compared to NES.

If theres some specific condition of the deal i want or need i try and be very explicit. I also always say that if the ad is still up the item is still available.

I understand the frustration. Sometimes i like when someone throws out something not on my list. Occasionally theres something i havent thought of.

Also, armslist is a weird thing. Ive gotten a lot more weird people and tire kickers there, but also seem to have more people actually buy my stuff there when compared to NES.

If theres some specific condition of the deal i want or need i try and be very explicit. I also always say that if the ad is still up the item is still available.

Agree. One thing to remember is there's no need to reply to email that's non-responsive to the ad. Just ignore it. AD: NO TRADES, Email: "Would you take a lawn mower?" Why even respond?

I just sold a rifle today on Armslist. Guy responded to my ad this morning, met me in the Dunk's parking lot, and the entire transaction took less than 5 minutes. Of course, I had two guys email me from other states (MA and ME) who thought they could buy the gun privately (My ad clearly says "Buyer will show me a NH DL." Email: "Why do you need to see a NH DL?"), but that took no time to deal with.

I gotta say, it's almost amusing.

Agree. One thing to remember is there's no need to reply to email that's non-responsive to the ad. Just ignore it. AD: NO TRADES, Email: "Would you take a lawn mower?" Why even respond?

I just sold a rifle today on Armslist. Guy responded to my ad this morning, met me in the Dunk's parking lot, and the entire transaction took less than 5 minutes. Of course, I had two guys email me from other states (MA and ME) who thought they could buy the gun privately (My ad clearly says "Buyer will show me a NH DL." Email: "Why do you need to see a NH DL?"), but that took no time to deal with.

I gotta say, it's almost amusing.

I've purchased one gun on Armslist. It was fine, but the family looked uncomfortable with me there so it was awkward.

I recently saw a Beretta I wanted, the seller said it was available and then...vanished. I don't want to be obnoxious and email them daily but a response would be nice.

I've purchased one gun on Armslist. It was fine, but the family looked uncomfortable with me there so it was awkward.

I recently saw a Beretta I wanted, the seller said it was available and then...vanished. I don't want to be obnoxious and email them daily but a response would be nice.
ā€œThe family?ā€ Did you meet at the guyā€™s house? Thatā€™s pretty non-standard in my experience. Iā€™m a big Home Depot or Dunkā€™s parking lot guy.

ā€œThe family?ā€ Did you meet at the guyā€™s house? Thatā€™s pretty non-standard in my experience. Iā€™m a big Home Depot or Dunkā€™s parking lot guy.

Yeah invited me in and we did the EFA 10. Sellers wife did the transfer, sellers son just stared at me. It was a little weird but it went fine.

I bit far off topic....
Car ads drive me crazy. I was looking for a high mileage manual beater. Ad says manual, pictures clearly show an automatic. Not one or two of them... nearly all of them.
Back on topic...
Internet has trained people to read headlines. I don't know how many times people ask me a questions on one of my ads when it is clearly answered in the ad itself.

I clearly laid out my trade options I am looking for, and people will message me offering guns I have no interest in! Does anyone read anymore or is it a lost art? šŸ¤£
I will give you used TP for your Glock.

Try using bullet points. Clear, to the point. Add all the blah blah blah after the bullet points.

Since most of my gun-related purchases have been for piles of reloading stuff/cleanouts, parking lots have mostly not been an option. [laugh]

I've done a couple FTF deals, in the seller's home, with no "heebie-jeebies." Of course, there's a bit of a difference in pulling up to a 4.500 SF place in a pricey neighborhood, as opposed to a cellar door in the hood. [laugh]

Oh the hatred for fortay is strong here! [laugh]

tumblr_mwhvt8nOFx1rsrplco1_400.gif

Back
Top Bottom