• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I love january

GunGrey

Banned
I hate winter because its cold and i dont like shooting in the snow, but since this warm weather has been here ive gone to the range 3 out the last 5 days.

Went on Saturday tested some reloads. then yesterday took two of my buddies one of which has never fired a handgun. And an going back again today to shoot with a friend who just put in for his LTC.

So i must be going against the norm on here of most of us who like to talk about guns than actually shoot them. [wink]

Last edited:
its not really the cold that bothers me i usually warm enough, its the when my hands get cold. I'm not a huge fan of gloves, the ones with fleece are warm but i dont get the same feel.

also I like to poke dead shit with sticks , that answers the question

Last edited:
mechanics gloves are great for the range, thin enough to still shoot with and thick enough to keep your hands from drying out completely. Also cheaper, though not as tacticool as something you might see the HSLD guys wearing... at the range. :)

edit: the ones from autozone, I think they are Mechanix? hold up longer for me than the ones from the Home Despot, not sure what brand those are, the shred themselves too fast for it to imprint.

Last edited:
[wink]

Just busting balls, dude.

I hate it when my hands get cold, too.

In all honesty, I'm a Southerner that hates being cold as well. I was given a pair of these by Hatch when I was at SHOT back in 2007. I wore them up until the begining of this season when I ordered more off of eBay. They have good manipulation. I was able to load magazines without issue. They are not WARM, but they cut the wind pretty good and your hands don't feel as cold holding onto cold steel.

Shooting on snow is cool. [pot]

I can get a good solid prone position and once you get the snow packed down to your body's contours its pretty darn comfortable. It's the downrange slog to change targets that's a bitch. [thinking]

I'm hoping to break out the cross country skis this weekend and combine two of my favorite outdoor activites.

I keep a pair of these in my range bag.
I got them for free at a Nascar race in Charlotte from the Irwin Tools exhibit.
They're especially nice when loading/unloading single action revolvers.
I can also pick my nose without taking them off. [laugh]

Irwin+-+Carpenter%27S+Gloves+Carpenter+Gloves+Size+Large%3A+585-432003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom