• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I love getting the run around...

When i originally got my LTC-A target and hunting i was told by the LO that if i had no incidents i could come back after a year or two to lift the restrictions. Also I have a buddy who is friends with the chiefs son (who also works at the station) and he told my buddy all you have to do is make an appointment and pay the $100 again, people do it all the time he says.

So after a few months of trying to get anything but a voicemail from the firearms division, I finally got a live person this morning. I asked him how do I go about re-applying/renewing my LTC to lift the restrictions like I was told almost two years ago when I first got it. His reply was "who told you that you could do that?" I responded with the LO I had my interview with when I first got my LTC. He then says "well the chief is the only one that would be able to do that so I would recommend writing him a letter as to why you want them lifted and send it in, then see what happens from there"

All I want is an actual license to carry why is it such a process because of where I live??? It's sickening when I hear about other places practically giving LTC ALP to anyone cause they live in a certain area.

Welcome to Ma where the ability to exercise our 2nd amendment rights are at the mercy of liberal bureaucrats and tyrannical local LEOs.

I'm in New Bedford... Just doesn't make sense cause seems like there's quite a few people on here not restricted for first time applicants.

... and he told my buddy all you have to do is make an appointment and pay the $100 again, people do it all the time he says.

Do not pay another $100. It costs your licensing officer nothing to have your restrictions removed and a new license issued.

The way things are I'd rather pay the fee again if it's gonna get me no restrictions. I know I shouldn't have to but I'm not going to sit and have a debate with them and end up getting no where.

With the way things are going a License to carry or a License with restrictions won't mean much of anything if these Dolts keep poking the bee hive..

Lol. Or the OP can move to Rochester, or East Freetown. Green towns both, no restricted LTC hassles, far less looking over your shoulder when you walk down the street...

What he said.

see, you are not buddys with the chiefs son, that's the problem, you are only a half a citizen.

start hanging around a different donut shop,thats all ya need.

He then says "well the chief is the only one that would be able to do that so I would recommend writing him a letter as to why you want them lifted and send it in, then see what happens from there"

I think you were given some good advice here! Can't speak for your town, but most merely require a letter to the chief. If he agrees, he goes into MIRCS and changes your restriction to NONE and FRB prints and mails a replacement LTC to your chief to give to you. NO COST to the town or you!!

Do not pay another $100. It costs your licensing officer nothing to have your restrictions removed and a new license issued.

Right, see above. LTC has same number, same expiration date, just a change in restriction and that is all. It takes 1-2 weeks tops to get the new one in hand.

The way things are I'd rather pay the fee again if it's gonna get me no restrictions. I know I shouldn't have to but I'm not going to sit and have a debate with them and end up getting no where.

Why? You don't stand a better chance of success merely because you want to pay twice, when it isn't necessary. If the chief will do it, he'll do it without you paying another $100 and waiting 2-4 months for a new LTC (he'd also have to expire your current one for the system to allow a new one to be issued). The way you want to do it requires all new background checks, a lengthy process.

I got my license last August, and I got a Sporting restriction. From what I understand, all first time applicants get a restriction of some kind in New Bedford. My brother-in-law got unrestricted only because he already had an unrestricted license from another town. then moved to NB, so they let him keep no restrictions. I believe it was a different Chief AND Firearms officer two years ago. The guy that did mine last summer was brand new at the position, so that could be why you're getting different answers now.

Back
Top Bottom