• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I know you can't ship lower receivers to Ma

He can't, the FFL would lose his license for selling him something he can't legally posses in his home state.

You can't ship lowers to anywhere unless it goes to an FFL, its not just a MA thing. They're serialized parts unless you're talking unfinished 80%.

He can legally possess an AR-style rifle in MA. Show me the law that says you cannot.

The entire premise of this thread is wrong. You assert we all know you can't ship AR lowers to MA. This is a false assertion on both point. Not everyone knows this AND it is possible to ship lowers to MA. There are certainly retarded manufacturers and retailers that will not but they are the exception.

An AR lower is a firearm federally so needs to be shipped to an FFL. In MA an AR lower is the equivalent of a paperweight. It is an unregulated chunk of metal. If your local FFL won't either sell you one or accept one inbound for a transfer, find another FFL that will. Plenty will.

Some of the AG proclamations of 6/20/16 have some basis in law. The reinterpretation of the AWB is it relates to copies/duplicates while patently ridiculous has a non-zero chance of being upheld.

Her declaration that a receiver that could be built into an AW is itself an AW has zero basis in law since the receiver is totally unregulated by MA law. Many dealers have figured this out and stopped worrying about the selling of receivers. Some might make you sign something saying you will only build it into a 22LR.
Ummm tell me more about building a 22 ar, can i used regular ar 15 reciver as a ma resident? I dont have a .22 yet,be nice if i can own one.

Ummm tell me more about building a 22 ar, can i used regular ar 15 reciver as a ma resident? I dont have a .22 yet,be nice if i can own one.

Any ar15 lower will work. Buy a cmmg bolt and mag conversion from Ebay and slap it in any ar15 upper.

Back
Top Bottom