I know this is pipe-dreaming but...

what can I say; I guess I'm a dreamer. With the current tensions regarding police in this country; this has a far greater chance of passing and by doing so will protect our gun rights by putting LE on our side. Also I know some of the things listed are not currently illegal but all of them have been considered at some point.

The Law Enforcement Demilitarization act
An act to reverse current and prevent future militarization of police and law enforcement.

Whereas the 2nd amendment was enacted to retain the right of the citizens to defend themselves from threats, both foreign and domestic.

And

Whereas the Posse Comitatus Act was enacted to prevent the government from using military soldiers, weapons, equipment and tactics against American citizens.

This act shall prohibit any government agent, law enforcement officer or subcontractor working for the government from using on or against American citizens, any weapon, weapon accessory, weapon capacity, vehicle, clothing, equipment or technologies not legal for citizens to possess, purchase or operate in any federal, state or local territory. This includes but is not limited to, any firearm, any class or type of firearm, any magazine or magazine capacity for firearms, any firearm accessories such as sound suppressors, any electronic weapons such as stun guns, tasers or electronic crowd control devices, any vehicles such as tanks or armored personnel carriers, any unmanned vehicles such as drones, any explosives such as grenades or bombs, any clothing such as body armor, any electronic technologies such as communication interception devices, surveillance or recording devices, and any other device, weapon or equipment that is restricted from citizen use, purchase or possession in any federal, state or local territory.

Thoughts?

Take away body armor, handcuffs, and AR15's from the people tasked with responding to violent crimes, active shooter situations, and terrorist attacks?

Not sure that makes much sense...

While we're at it we could put governors on ambulances so they can't go over the speed limit and take those big scary axes away from firemen so they'll stop breaking into houses.

I have no problem with militarization of anyone. We're all Americans.

I have a problem with with the demilitarization of the non LEO American people.

what can I say; I guess I'm a dreamer. With the current tensions regarding police in this country; this has a far greater chance of passing and by doing so will protect our gun rights by putting LE on our side. Also I know some of the things listed are not currently illegal but all of them have been considered at some point.

The Law Enforcement Demilitarization act
An act to reverse current and prevent future militarization of police and law enforcement.

Whereas the 2nd amendment was enacted to retain the right of the citizens to defend themselves from threats, both foreign and domestic.

And

Whereas the Posse Comitatus Act was enacted to prevent the government from using military soldiers, weapons, equipment and tactics against American citizens.

This act shall prohibit any government agent, law enforcement officer or subcontractor working for the government from using on or against American citizens, any weapon, weapon accessory, weapon capacity, vehicle, clothing, equipment or technologies not legal for citizens to possess, purchase or operate in any federal, state or local territory. This includes but is not limited to, any firearm, any class or type of firearm, any magazine or magazine capacity for firearms, any firearm accessories such as sound suppressors, any electronic weapons such as stun guns, tasers or electronic crowd control devices, any vehicles such as tanks or armored personnel carriers, any unmanned vehicles such as drones, any explosives such as grenades or bombs, any clothing such as body armor, any electronic technologies such as communication interception devices, surveillance or recording devices, and any other device, weapon or equipment that is restricted from citizen use, purchase or possession in any federal, state or local territory.

Thoughts?

Your asking LEO not to be special citizens...

Take away body armor, handcuffs, and AR15's from the people tasked with responding to violent crimes, active shooter situations, and terrorist attacks?

Not sure that makes much sense...

While we're at it we could put governors on ambulances so they can't go over the speed limit and take those big scary axes away from firemen so they'll stop breaking into houses.

Putting your condescending tone aside; you're missing the point. The ideal response here is not to put these rules in place but to get the government to remove them once they are forced to play on the same level. The mention of both 2a and Posse Comitatus in this proposition is not coincidence. The two show clear intent on what they were supposed to accomplish...an even playing field. They work hand-in hand towards the same goal. This would merely link them.

In short; the purpose of this is not to take from LE but to give to us. You know: leverage. All this gun control crap stops when you say “Hey, do what you want but you'll be in the same shoes as us.” The very arguments you used are what would get us some relief.

Last edited:
Putting your condescending tone aside; you're missing the point. The ideal response here is not to put these rules in place but to get the government to remove them once they are forced to play on the same level. The mention of both 2a and Posse Comitatus in this proposition is not coincidence. The two show clear intent on what they were supposed to accomplish...an even playing field. They work hand-in hand towards the same goal. This would merely link them.

In short; the purpose of this is not to take from LE but to give to us. You know: leverage. All this gun control crap stops when you say “Hey, do what you want but you'll be in the same shoes as us.” The very arguments you used are what would get us some relief.
Ah gotcha, I did miss the point. I wasn't trying to be condescending, I was going for sarcastic.

I'm completely with you on allowing citizens to have those things, but i dont think passing a law like that would have the desired effect because the police don't make the laws. Passing a law that removes those items from the police would do just that, the police would probably hate the law, but they wouldn't have the power to grant the population, and therfore themselves, access to those items.

I think most police officers are 2nd ammendment supporters by the way. They arent the ones taking the gun rights away, its the people we put in office. Many of them have never even held a gun, so they can't see how any reasonable person would feel the need to own one.

I think most police officers are 2nd ammendment supporters by the way. They arent the ones taking the gun rights away

Well I generally agree with this statement, it seems that their bosses ( Chiefs) seem to be the one testifying against our rights in many cases. At least that's the case here in Rhode Island, where a group of these *******s ruined what would've been a great bill for conceal carry in the state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I generally agree with this statement, it seems that their bosses ( Chiefs) seem to be the one testifying against our rights in many cases. At least that's the case here in Rhode Island, where a group of these *******s ruined what would've been a great bill for conceal carry in the state

Yeah, I can't disagree with you on that one. Police chiefs seem to be politicians through & through.

Yeah, I can't disagree with you on that one. Police chiefs seem to be politicians through & through.

But then LEO follows Chiefs command....it's a endless CF with no answers really. Other than the good cops walking away from the job. Which really is not a answer as I'm sure there are plenty of boots waiting to fill the slots.

I think most police officers are 2nd ammendment supporters by the way. They arent the ones taking the gun rights away

Most, though not all, Local Police would be quite reluctant to start rounding up and firing upon their neighbors.

THIS IS WHY OBAMA WANTS A NATIONAL POLICE FORCE.

That answers only to Washington, that can be re-deployed around the Country.

A new Schutzstaffel .

Most, though not all, Local Police would be quite reluctant to start rounding up and firing upon their neighbors.

A new Schutzstaffel .

Hope they wear a funny hat so we know exactly who the enemy is

A new Schutzstaffel .

A guy I know from way back works for OSHA. I asked him if he works in our area. He said, "We don't shit in our own nests." He works out of the area.

When Marsha comes for you guns it will be with the MSP from another area of the state.

Back
Top Bottom