I Just got this for the 12 year old grandson

JDL

NES Member
I just purchased this Winchester 1911 bb gun for the 12 year old grandson. This thing is all metal, has blow back design and looks and feels like the real thing. I purchased it at Dicks in West Springfield. This will be his first bb gun and it will be a great training aid to transition him into real shooting.

DSC_00441.jpgDSC_0043.jpg

^^^ I agree. To many kids are getting themselves in trouble with the law or worse with BB guns that look less real then that 1911

Great gift!!! Well done, sir!!!!!!

Just one thought from my parenting days of a 12 year old boy. No doubt in my mind you'll train him correctly with safety in mind. However, as I learned, not all his friends will have the same safety values you'll teach and encourage. Kids next door were shooting at one another, at animals and all kinds of other sh*t. FYI 2/3 kids now have police records for some crazy stuff, as does Dad. That's not the point, but an indicator.

My son had to learn he could not play with them when these were around. It was not safe. That was hard for him but he was not given a choice. Oh, and not only does my son not have a police record, not any car accidents, nor a moving violation, but he's in Army intelligence now. These early lessons we instill in kids and grandkids can make life long differences.

Well done, Grandpa!!!

:)

F the Naysayers OP, nice purchase! He will be psyched!
(But yes of course there is some serious teaching that needs to go on.)

I've got the same style blow back gas Walther PPQ and the kids love to shoot it.

Go to the Army Barracks in West Springfield, best deals on Pellets.....and other airsoft guns n stuff.

Last edited:
Did you check with Maura to make sure it's on the "Yes ma'am. Whatever you say ma'am" approved list?

Good thing my Grandpa didn't buy me something that nice back when I was a kid...(I'd have probably knocked off half of the Packies - and most of the Convenience Stores stores - on Dorchester Ave.. and maybe even a bank or two around the holidays)...

Just sayin'

He will only be allowed to use it with me, I want to make sure he learns the proper gun handling and safety, and to treat this gun as it was a real firearm. I am certified in three NRA disciplines, State Police certified to do and issue the Mass. state safety certificate and I was a S&W firearms instructor until they closed down the S&W Sports Shooting Center and laid me off. I think I am qualified to train him. I know he will be very excited.

I'm sure he will love it. I know I would have.

My first BB gun I had to buy myself. I mowed lawns and my father brought me to the store when I saved up enough money. I kind of want to say we went to a Western Auto, but I can't recall that was a long time ago.

He came with me to the West Springfield show in November that's where he got the idea that he wanted a bb gun. This was his first gun show and he was in total awe. I told him if his mother said it was OK I would get him a bb gun. He doesn't know it will be under the tree, however I think he suspects. I tried to buy bbs on line, however no one will ship to MA. there are some great prices on bbs on line it's to bad this state is so screwed up classifying bbs as ammo. I bought 1600 bbs from my local shop and 50 co2 cartridges on line that should keep him busy at lease for a day or two. we will be shooting Christmas day for sure.

You'll shoot your eye out with that kid.[laugh] On a more serious note remember bbs bounce back at you like crazy. Ask me how I know [rolleyes] He's going to love it Merry Christmas!

My dad got me a BB gun when I was 8. Looking at it now, that was the best gift ever. It was a total piece of junk lever spring action nothing gun but I shot it EVERY DAY for at least 5 years after I got home from school. When friends came over...Guess what we did....Set up cans and shot the crap out of them. Eventually my father let me do what I wanted with it AFTER I could demonstrate compliance with all safety rules. That eventually included woods walks around our 18 acre property bordered by 1000s of acres of state land in PA. Lots of good memories were made from a simple 50$ Daisy

That's a nice looking BB Gun. Very nice gift indeed. He will be very happy when he opens that gift. I'm going out on a limb here, but not too far out... that will be his favorite gift this year.

Awesome! Hopefully a long gun will be close behind.

In 1973 I was 9 years old when I got a Daisy Red Ryder under the Christmas Tree (Yes, just like the movie). I promptly went out and started slaughtering the pigeons in our hay barn.

Out grew that gun out and upgraded to a Crossman 760 two years later. I still have them both. Had the Crossman rebuilt as the working parts were literally worn out (2nd time) by a guy in western MA a couple of years ago. Shoots great but slight bend in barrel. 100's of pigeons, starlings, and squirrels have fallen to those two .177 rifles....Kept by the back door and never left the house to do the farm chores without grabbing it up. Never knew what might need shooting....[smile] I was unconscious with those bb guns. My friends would toss beer cans and plastic coffee can lids in the air and I would just point and shoot and rarely miss..........

Back
Top Bottom