• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I just fired one': 85-year-old man shoots, kills home intruder

Passed through? Must have been a FMH. It is not likely that a JHP would pass through a 300 pound fat bass turd.
Good shooting, Sir.
Now give the man a reward equal to 20% of of the cost of a trial and incarceration.

Once again we have another data point supporting one of my rules to live by: "Don't f*** with old people, they will f*** you up."

The single most over looked, and in my view the most important, factor in surviving a violent encounter is 'bias for action'. Attackers rarely, if ever, continue an attack once they encounter determined resistance. Every time we see one of these stories, the attacker runs away after being wounded, or the accomplice runs away after his partner is shot. Even with superior numbers, strength, and firepower, they retreat when met with opposition. They pick what they think are easy targets and when their plan runs off the rails, they retreat. Disrupt an attacker's plan and you've probably stopped the attack.

Everyone, especially the antis, are all focused on training. How often do we hear: "The average gun owner doesn't have the training that a cop has and isn't qualified to protect themselves", or some such shit? I will argue that mindset almost always trumps training every goddamned day. It is inconceivably likely that anyone who has the presence of mind to carry a gun will ever be confronted with a violent attack by someone who is better trained and better motivated than they are.

Besides, at 85 what are they going to do to you?

All things are ready if our minds be so. -Shakespeare, Henry V

If this took place in Mass he'd be in jail
Not necessarily so.

Once again we have another data point supporting one of my rules to live by: "Don't f*** with old people, they will f*** you up."

The single most over looked, and in my view the most important, factor in surviving a violent encounter is 'bias for action'. Attackers rarely, if ever, continue an attack once they encounter determined resistance. Every time we see one of these stories, the attacker runs away after being wounded, or the accomplice runs away after his partner is shot. Even with superior numbers, strength, and firepower, they retreat when met with opposition. They pick what they think are easy targets and when their plan runs off the rails, they retreat. Disrupt an attacker's plan and you've probably stopped the attack.

Everyone, especially the antis, are all focused on training. How often do we hear: "The average gun owner doesn't have the training that a cop has and isn't qualified to protect themselves", or some such shit? I will argue that mindset almost always trumps training every goddamned day. It is inconceivably likely that anyone who has the presence of mind to carry a gun will ever be confronted with a violent attack by someone who is better trained and better motivated than they are.

Besides, at 85 what are they going to do to you?

Not necessarily so.

Glad you qualified that

Back
Top Bottom