• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I just fired one': 85-year-old man shoots, kills home intruder

Pulling out his heater, getting a shot off, and wrestling with the intruder on the floor while being rudely awakened at 0130 AT 85 years old. Now that's 1 badass senior citizen ^5 AARP and the NRA should renew his dues for free for life.

Isn't the AARP anti?

I warms my heart to live in a country where a leagally armed 85yo can defend himself against 2 younger and stronger thugs.

"When it's over call the police to help clean up the mess" - Jeff Cooper to his wife.

Sad that some people want him to not have that ability.

“The other one, maybe the bullet hit him, too. I don’t know. I hope so,” Lutz said.

love this guy! btw, what caliber? must have been nice placement.

Helpful hint for the bad guys. If you are going to "Target" some old man, make sure he is a moonbat liberal who would never even think of carrying a handgun! Us old conservative codgers...you never can be too sure when we might be packing.

And us older guys, we like the old school big iron....you know. .45, 44 magnum, .454. We figure if we can not count on our eyesight, might as well count on the firepower.

Helpful hint for the bad guys. If you are going to "Target" some old man, make sure he is a moonbat liberal who would never even think of carrying a handgun! Us old conservative codgers...you never can be too sure when we might be packing.

And us older guys, we like the old school big iron....you know. .45, 44 magnum, .454. We figure if we can not count on our eyesight, might as well count on the firepower.
I might add that I was taught at an early age never bring nothing to a gunfight that doesn't start with a 4 ....... Love my Colt. ........ I may not win the fight but your damned sure going to know you were in one.

You can't really expect all old people to be frail and scared.
My friend tried taking his dads keys to the car....big mistake.
Friend was caught in his dads house with his dad saying. If you can get them you can take them. Did not turn out so well for my friend. His dad is in better shape than most 20 year olds.

If this took place in Mass he'd be in jail

Sad, but true...

I sincerely doubt it, even in Massachusetts. 85 years old, 01:30 attack, against 2 intruders? Yeah, he would likely be charged in Boston, Cambridge or Brookline, but even those liberal shit holes would probably drop the charges, especially if he had a decent lawyer. I bet Middleboro, Lakeville, Plymouth and many others might not even charge him.
But if he had followed stupid Massachusetts storage laws, he would probably be dead. The article said he slept with the gun under his pillow. I want to know what kind of pillow it was. Must be one of those memory foam jobs. I can't imagine sleeping with a firearm under my pillow.
One of the articles says the deceased was close to 300 pounds. I guess 380 at point blank range will get the job done if you put the round on the easy button.

I bet Middleboro, Lakeville, Plymouth and many others might not even charge him./QUOTE]

Sad that that part statement even needs to be said. As you said, 1:30am, 85 year old, 2 thugs(1 of which was 300lbs) there shouldn't even be a thought of a charge there. The only thing the cops should have done was brought that old man a donut and coffee and made sure he didn't need someone to talk to after taking a life defending himself(as justified as this situation was).

Police: Man shot in home invasion was homeowner's relative
Ellwood City police said 49-year-old Dennis Mercadante, of Mercer, and another man broke into the home at about 1:20 a.m. Friday. Mercadante was shot after a struggle in the hallway with 84-year-old Don Lutz. The other man fled. Lt. David Kingston said Mercadante was identified through facial recognition and fingerprints, and he turned out to be a nephew-in-law of Lutz.

Back
Top Bottom