I hope this isn't a stupid question.....

BillT113

NES Member
I am in the middle of a facebook discussion with a very liberal gun owner.I thought I heard but may be mistaken, that some state recently passed a law raising the age for semi auto AR-15 typr rifles to 21. The underage owners were to surrender their legally purchased rifles without compensation or face a misdemeanor charge. I think Florida just passed a law raising the age but I don't know about surrendering the rifle. I have tried searching on here and the Web unsuccessfully. Has anyone heard of this law and what State it is? I don't want to be caught without all the facts and look like an idiot.

Thanks in advance..... Holy Crap I have to renew my Green membership....(idiot)

Last edited:
Illinois, I believe. Florida also raised the minimum age for long guns, but no confiscation there that I know of.

Edit: it looks like it's still in the state Senate, so not quite passed yet, but that was as of the 10th. Wasn't able to find any news about it after that.

Last edited:
Anybody who is a pro-gun should dump Facebook. You're funding the enemy. Suckerburg is a left wing libtard blowhard. Every one of you people with a Facebook account is making him richer and more powerful. I'm always utterly amazed that no one seems to get that!
Why on earth would you subscribe to a website that sells your personal information and collates and monetizes your browsing history and your contact list? You are paying your enemies to disarm you! The liberal a**h***s like Suckerdick got rich because of you and he's using his wealth to underemind your way of life.
Wake up people! Facebook is a cancer on conservatism.

Anybody who is a pro-gun should dump Facebook. You're funding the enemy. Suckerburg is a left wing libtard blowhard. Every one of you people with a Facebook account is making him richer and more powerful. I'm always utterly amazed that no one seems to get that!
Why on earth would you subscribe to a website that sells your personal information and collates and monetizes your browsing history and your contact list? You are paying your enemies to disarm you! The liberal a**h***s like Suckerdick got rich because of you and he's using his wealth to underemind your way of life.

I don’t agree, WE need to get our message out through social media. It works for the left. This is one way how we are loosing. Go ahead, dump social media, one of the only ways we can get our message out to millions at a time....

I don’t agree, WE need to get our message out through social media. It works for the left. This is one way how we are loosing. Go ahead, dump social media, one of the only ways we can get our message out to millions at a time....

While I don't get embroiled in that stuff (my blood pressure can't take it, well, that, and at this point I'd put myself in jail... ) I agree completely... pro gunners that want to, need to work faceplant until they ban us all! If they're going to censor the shit out of people, let that be their undoing. Let's force their hand at least.

Pretty much all social media is run (or at least owned) by leftists; so what are we going to do, run away from it completely and let antis have a field day?

Lots of "nons" are on faceplant and other services, if we abandon those things then thats one less channel to distribute information in... Nons are probably the
most fertile market for getting people on our side.

-Mike

I have yet to meet a liberal gun owner. Perhaps this guy is not what he says he is?

There are shitloads of them out there. I would say conservatively that a shitload of MA fudds probably drop right into that slot....

At least in the south though the blue dogs take their rights a bit more seriously... (theres a big contingent that will tell a dem pol to f*** off if you make noises about taking their guns) unfortunately that type of thinking has not permeated coastal liberals much, if at all...

Gun rights transcend political lines, but not so much in shitholes like MA or the northeast in general. Remember that so called "conservatives" here are likely liberals elsewhere... lmao. And vice versa...

-Mike

I have yet to meet a liberal gun owner. Perhaps this guy is not what he says he is?

Plenty of them in Mass. They vote hard line D and own a couple of range toys, don't carry, don't believe in the 2A, and see guns as a quirky/hipster-ish hobby. They're once a month weekend warriors at the range, and can often be found muzzle sweeping everybody on the line, having their friend take a picture of them posing James Bond style to post on Instagram, or sipping Starbucks in the clubhouse.

I believe the law it reads as "purchase", not possess. This is the same as the law for handguns. Ownership and possession are not prohibited.

I haven't see the actual wording of the law, just what the news is spouting and that says "purchase".

Virtue signaling much?
Good chance you own a chevy... Mary Barra was on the shortlist for Killary's VP. Keep that in mind next time you buy an AC delco ball joint.
Good luck buying a product that has 0 ties to any liberals. Have fun eating strictly chickfila and shoping only at hobby lobby.

At least Delco isnt collecting and selling my information like you Facebook sheeple. That liberal anti-gun fool that you social media addicts made rich sucked you in and then sold you out. But you go ahead and keep feeding facebook. The world needs to know your every move, what you had for lunch and that you like puppy pictures! That's worth giving away your personal information to a liberal billionair.

At least Delco isnt collecting and selling my information like you Facebook sheeple. That liberal anti-gun fool that you social media addicts made rich sucked you in and then sold you out. But you go ahead and keep feeding facebook. The world needs to know your every move, what you had for lunch and that you like puppy pictures! That's worth giving away your personal information to a liberal billionair.

No Amazon for you.

I have known him since we were teenagers. He is very liberal and very inconsistent in many of his positions. He thinks we don't need weapons of war....blah blah blah. The government doesn't want to take our guns... Its no big deal for teens to surrender their AR-15 but its ok if they transfer them to a person who is of age to get around the law. He wouldn't understand my argument about Passing a law made a law abiding citizen a criminal and didn't care about confiscation without compensation. I was pounding my head against my keyboard

Dude.....there are plenty of liberal gun owners out there. My bil is one of them. He hunts geese and ducks and shoots a little skeet......pays big bucks to have a guide drive him and his lawyer buds out to private heated blinds after the "fellers" set up the decoys and do all the work. His exact words from a debate I had with him last week "hunting and skeet is a hobby......if my state bans my semi auto baretta I'll be pissed for like a week......then I concentrate more on my golf game".

They are out there .

I have. Though owning their fathers old hunting rifle and having maybe ever only shot it once they call themselves a gun owner solely for political reasons to try and make it like their bullshit argument has merit.
It's completely possible for a gun owner to be anti gun. The hypocrisy if the modern liberal knows no boundaries.

A very good friend of mine and typically extremely conservative in his views doesn’t think normal people need AR15’s. They are out there. He owns several handguns and rifles

I have. Though owning their fathers old hunting rifle and having maybe ever only shot it once they call themselves a gun owner solely for political reasons to try and make it like their bullshit argument has merit.

sounds more like a gun possessor rather than a gun owner.

A very good friend of mine and typically extremely conservative in his views doesn’t think normal people need AR15’s. They are out there. He owns several handguns and rifles

I had a close friend of mine express the same thing, then I explained a few things to him... I think a light went on. A couple months later he's interested in getting an AR15, sadly after the 7/20 BS passed.... I'll eventually
help him get something, if not an AR, will be close in capability.

This "nobody needs an AR-15" thing btw, also extends to some faux news watching "conservatives".... thankfully at least with some of them, its not that hard to get them to see the light.

-Mike

I had a close friend of mine express the same thing, then I explained a few things to him... I think a light went on. A couple months later he's interested in getting an AR15, sadly after the 7/20 BS passed.... I'll eventually
help him get something, if not an AR, will be close in capability.

This "nobody needs an AR-15" thing btw, also extends to some faux news watching "conservatives".... thankfully at least with some of them, its not that hard to get them to see the light.

-Mike
80%....Just saying. There's a GB going on.

Back
Top Bottom