• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I hope the Maine Guys are doing ok with Power Outages from the ice Storm

Hi and Thanks for the concern,

Even though I have not been down to shoot with you guys, I still think of you all as an extended family.

We had about 1&1/2 days with out power here on the MId-coast. I am in Washington, 1/2 way between Augusta and Rockland. We go hit pretty hard, the ice is about 1 inch at it;'s worst, but all around me was out for a few days.

Today is rather warm for winter and a-lot is melting off, creating lots of fog. what scares me is the storm they are calling for tonight.

All I know is I am getting cabin fever not being able to shoot either HP or my online shoots as my range is under 10" of snow and ice

Hope you had a great Christmas and and look forward to shooting with you some day.

Dave S

I only lost power for 6 hrs or so, which is surprising considering how much ice we had.
Now, as the Trailmaster for our local snowmobile club, I'm dealing with this:
Image.jpg Image 1.jpg Image.jpg

Kinda sucks.

Wow. Had only seen bits on the news about the storm. Surprising that it took until today to start a thread on it.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Lost power in Belfast Tuesday morning. Decided to bug to MA. for Christmas with my parents. Could not drain the water out of my system before I bugged. Spent the next 2 days worried about busted pipes in my house. Came back to Belfast on Thursday morning stopping on the way to buy a generator. Power came on 1/2 hours before we got home, arrived to the house and did a quick inspection and found out that there were no busted pipes. Lost power on and off the next couple days and finally again last night for 6 hours.

Picked a lousy year to move to Maine.

During the height of the ice storm the trees and branches were breaking so fast that it sounded like machine gun fire. I dont think I am out of the woods yet as another storm is coming through on top of the 6" I got last night.

6 more inches of snow with anther 1/2" of ice under it on Sunday, 28 hours without power again. not that I am complaining. a good wood stove and the wife makes it all ok. and a generator helps, just got power back at 6:30

Pat our roads look like that over here. I can only imagine what the trails look like. Best of luck

Ely. Should catch up some time. I am in Washington just 30 minutes west.

6 more inches of snow with anther 1/2" of ice under it on Sunday, 28 hours without power again. not that I am complaining. a good wood stove and the wife makes it all ok. and a generator helps, just got power back at 6:30

Pat our roads look like that over here. I can only imagine what the trails look like. Best of luck

Ely. Should catch up some time. I am in Washington just 30 minutes west.

Ill like to take you up on that, after the 18" of snow we are going to get on Thurs.

Picked the wrong year to move to Maine.

J/K.
It is beautiful up here. The ice with the snow on top is a sight I have never seen before.

Wow. Had only seen bits on the news about the storm. Surprising that it took until today to start a thread on it.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Meh. No big deal.
We're tougher than a bag of hammers up here and don't feel the need to bore you with our everyday life.

Check out the "Big snow's a comin" thread to read who's got their loaf of bread, 2 gallons of gas for the generator, and bag of pellets at the ready.

Hi and Thanks for the concern,

Even though I have not been down to shoot with you guys, I still think of you all as an extended family.

We had about 1&1/2 days with out power here on the MId-coast. I am in Washington, 1/2 way between Augusta and Rockland. We go hit pretty hard, the ice is about 1 inch at it;'s worst, but all around me was out for a few days.

Today is rather warm for winter and a-lot is melting off, creating lots of fog. what scares me is the storm they are calling for tonight.

All I know is I am getting cabin fever not being able to shoot either HP or my online shoots as my range is under 10" of snow and ice

Hope you had a great Christmas and and look forward to shooting with you some day.

Dave S

Dave good to hear you are doing well. My mom's side of the family grew up in Washington and i have 2 uncles that still live there. My grandmother missed Christmas dinner with my uncle due to the ice. Be Safe, Matt.

I have been losing power off and on the last few days but got a new generator hooked up so it isn't much of an issue now, I'm more worried about all the snow and ice build up on the roof.

Back
Top Bottom