• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I hope GOAL is ready because the MA state legislature is back in session.

Any proposal to require insurance to own a firearm needs to be treated like a poll tax. Basically, that's all it is, no matter what they call it.

In addition this opens the door wide(r) for ambulance chasing litigators to seek the deepest pockets (insurance companies), to compensate their home invader clients, who were shot while trying to turn their lives around. [angry]

I really wish GOAL would update the homepage of their website showing exactly what they are doing. Maybe its just me, but i cant find anything that stands out on their homepage. I am not saying i cant find it out, i'm just saying that their homepage is the easiest way to catch someones attention, and frankly, it doesn't show enough.

I really wish GOAL would update the homepage of their website showing exactly what they are doing. Maybe its just me, but i cant find anything that stands out on their homepage. I am not saying i cant find it out, i'm just saying that their homepage is the easiest way to catch someones attention, and frankly, it doesn't show enough.

I'm sure there will be e-mail blasts when things actually get moving -- be sure you get those. Right now it is just chest-thumping by the antis, which they do a bit of every year but this year they have the media echochamber's full support.

Found this article while searching the web. Some scary stuff the ma legislature will try to pass.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/randolph...y-during-private-meeting?zc_p=0#axzz2GsPmUJPg

This quote is disgusting:
“Clearly we have to cut down on illegal guns, but we also have to be looking at whether or not there are too many legal guns out there,” Linsky said. (emphasis mine)

Hey, Linsky! Did you take seriously your oath of office before you crapped all over the state and US Constitution?

So, instead of starting a new thread...

This was posted on the GOAL website: "Rep Linsky host gun control meeting"

http://goal.org/newspages/linksy-gun-control-meeting-jan4-13.html

BTW, i didn't read the whole thread before posting (didn't want to dupe post), just get the link out there. I apologize in advance.

This is the first I've even heard of this meeting.

Forced liability insurance for anyone wishing to own a firearm. including police?
Expanding the “suitability” standards for FID cards who gets to rate the police on suitability?
Having all gun license applicants sign a waiver granting police chiefs the authority to conduct their own mental health checks on applicants. When queried by someone from the audience about privacy issues, a response from the head table that if privacy was a concern then people have the option not to own guns. can we have a citizen's panel to conduct checks on chiefs and officers?
The One Gun a Month (Lawful Citizen Imprisonment Act) was brought up on more than one occasion.
The so-called loopholes in the assault weapons laws that allow compliant guns to be manufactured and sold. also sold to police departments, right?
How guns are getting into the hands of criminals. why are criminals out on the loose to begin with?
Mental health background checks in general, etc... aren't these already done now?

you can hunt a lot of stuff, other than coyote, actually:

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/regulations/plain_language/hunting_rifles.htm

you cannot hunt deer, turkey, migratory birds plus a few restrictions of period/time here and there (e..g during shoitgun season, no rifle for anything). that leaves about 60 species (my count, I may be wrong) you can hunt with an AR-15 in Massachusetts (including any with an upper from .17 HMR to .458SOCOM....)

Back
Top Bottom