I honestly need to know...

As an official Glock fanboi and Gaston Gulper....

I declare this thread to be heresy. HOW DARE YOU
I knew I would "trigger" some of you

Declare as you wish.
I declare to fight the institution of heil Glockenshpiel
View attachment 432147

How dare you compare the Schlock to the M&P,
the Glock is an overpriced Austrian throwaway. The M&P is the true undervalued Volkspistole. The model T of firearms. Equalizer of men.
Especially in .40

I dare to dare things
Wouldnt the model T be the 1911?

Lol. I'm not triggered. 'Most' people who hate Glocks can't shoot very well no matter what the carry.
Point and case right here. I’m a bad shot with a pistol and will admit it and I’m no Glock hater (I’m actually poking around for one) but there is a night and difference between a Glock trigger and the Canik trigger.

I've had a lot of guns... my hands fit great on 17s I love em with suppressor height ameriglows. I have shot maybe a hundred different handguns i keep going back to them. I tried the 19s for a bit they were a little small for me.

Czs are fantastic probably the only comparison. Or ppqs but again smallish

Caniks are awesome in their own right

Smith and wessons annoy me tremendously lol. I hate the grip trigger grip angle. I've had a regular mp a 5in mp core decked out and and a 2.0 5in hated all of them.

Its all preference at this point if you get a big name manufacturer.

But mine point naturally shoot easy and I know them inside and out recipie for a winner in my book

I have a bone stock (except the Trijicon sights) gen3 G19. I shoot it better than the VP9 and I’m a lefty, controls couldn’t be easier, trigger’s much better than the M&P, in MA, so, prebans. It’s ugly and I don’t particularly like it, but as a tool? The weight, fit, function, and feel (to me) all make it the best option. It just works and I’m more than confident that it will when I need it to.

Read and learn -https://books.google.com/books/about/Glock.html?id=RIkXLYOZJf8C&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button

And the actual reason... because glock way underbid any other maker to get the Leo market...once they did that all the idiots who blow cops wanted one... then they upgraded them flooded the market with cheapies for the skin flints....got the legendary gunny emery for the crayon eaters... and thus followed all the dude who's blow the .mil guys and bam thats how you market a vunder 9

What is the obsession with glock?
And their marketing slogan of glock perfection.

I mean, I understand the appeal that the aftermarket is vast and huge.
But, when you are done with modding it, it's not even a glock anymore really.

Their design is uninspiring, they all look like carbon copies of each other.

From a reliability standpoint, just about every newish gun is the same

I'd rank it as the basic bitch gun of the gun world along with M&P's.

But maybe thats just me.
WhatahUknow

What is the obsession with glock?
And their marketing slogan of glock perfection.

I mean, I understand the appeal that the aftermarket is vast and huge.
But, when you are done with modding it, it's not even a glock anymore really.

Their design is uninspiring, they all look like carbon copies of each other.

From a reliability standpoint, just about every newish gun is the same

I'd rank it as the basic bitch gun of the gun world along with M&P's.

But maybe thats just me.
I'll bite the troll post, why not.

they work. they're very utilitarian and they simply work well. They have a very long history of just plain ole workin'. I know right, f*** them!

I'm not a glock fanboy, in fact I only have one and used to HATE them. My gen3 glock 30 despite being a brick is the most naturally pointing gun I own. I've never had a single FTF, jam, stovepipe, light strike or anything after many thousands of rounds. It's a complete utilitarian gun. It's ugly already and I don't care if I scratch up the finish or whatever.

I've never once thought about modding it. It doesn't need any mods.

Basic bitch guns would be overly fancy nonsense. Glock is a black coffee. half caffe mocha soy latte with caramel swizzle and sweet cream foam is basic bitch coffee...idk what gun analogizes with that but it's sure as hell not a glock.

The guns run forever, the parts are f***ing everywhere, too. The magazines are everywhere, and are reliable and
cheap.

Support- Glock parts are everywhere. People that know how to do shit to Glocks are everywhere. Same cannot be said for
nearly anything else. Sig is the only one that comes close, even in terms of parts/support availability. 1911 is the king
in this department, but a 1911 is an untenable proposition for most people.

The default Glock triggers are nothing special but its the same trigger system more or less from .380 all the way through 10mm.
Good luck doing that in any other product line. (Although Springfield I think has a 10mm XD!) Skills you learn on one gun
pass to the next mostly. You can improve the triggers to be half decent without doing too much.

If you don't like em, then don't buy em. That's why there are different guns for everyone. I would suggest people who hate Glocks go
look at a Canik, an XD, or a Sig P320/P365. Or an HK VP series. Or maybe a Walther polymer gun if you're an 11/10 hipster type.

M&P? The 2.0s aren't awful but.... seriously?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkMWsO_-X7Y

Besides grip points. I mean, whats there to change with operation procedures on pistols?
8/10 of them, safeties are in the same spot
8/10 of them, slide/lock release is in the same spot
8/10 of them, mag release in the same spot

Them= manufactures of pistols

So theres not much to reacclimate to.
Short of 1911 style safeties
HK/european style mag release
Beretta safety/decocker
Sig decocker

Lol you must be new or something, or don't train very hard. Ergonomic issues for people can
manifest themselves in one gun/product line that don't manifest themselves in others. This can result in
either a severe loss of efficiency or in some cases a drastic reduction in the ability for person X to run a given gun
right because it doesn't fit them well.

Like if I told a left handed shooter to try out a Sig P series old school gun they would probably tell me to take a flying f*** at a rolling
donut. That's just one of at least a half dozen common ergonomic issues.

Lol you must be new or something, or don't train very hard. Ergonomic issues for people can
manifest themselves in one gun/product line that don't manifest themselves in others. This can result in
either a severe loss of efficiency or in some cases a drastic reduction in the ability for person X to run a given gun

Like if I told a left handed shooter to try out a Sig P series old school gun they would probably tell me to take a flying f*** at a rolling
Come on, P220 had the nice low center of gravity ambi mag release and you can catch the the safety/mag lock stuff with the index finger on the way to the trigger. Lol

I'll bite the troll post, why not.

they work. they're very utilitarian and they simply work well. They have a very long history of just plain ole workin'. I know right, f*** them!

I'm not a glock fanboy, in fact I only have one and used to HATE them. My gen3 glock 30 despite being a brick is the most naturally pointing gun I own. I've never had a single FTF, jam, stovepipe, light strike or anything after many thousands of rounds. It's a complete utilitarian gun. It's ugly already and I don't care if I scratch up the finish or whatever.

I've never once thought about modding it. It doesn't need any mods.

Basic bitch guns would be overly fancy nonsense. Glock is a black coffee. half caffe mocha soy latte with caramel swizzle and sweet cream foam is basic bitch coffee...idk what gun analogizes with that but it's sure as hell not a glock.
Not a troll post. Honest curiosity

I am new. And I understand the not fitting the hand part. But 90% of guns have the same layout.
Thats why I'm a huge fan of ambi guns.
They can be picked up and used by anyone in any scenario.

Not a troll post. Honest curiosity

I am new. And I understand the not fitting the hand part. But 90% of guns have the same layout.
Thats why I'm a huge fan of ambi guns.
They can be picked up and used by anyone in any scenario.
Lol run guns "at speed" and you will find that to be a massive falsehood. I'm not even that good and it's readily apparent there are differences.

Learn some stuff in the real world before you dunning-kruger yourself to death.

in most places a Glock pistol is reasonably priced, widely available, has ample magazine capacity, is reliable as the sun rising in the east (except for user induced kabooms in the .40's due to repeated chambering of the same round causing setback and over pressurization)

There are still plenty of Gen 1, 2, and 2.5 Glock pistols out there with tens of thousands of rounds down the pipe that still function as new.

They are reliable to the Nth degree, they take abuse and still work

Not that they need them, but there are thousands if not tens of thousands of aftermarket "upgrades" for them

They are the basis of the Polymer 80 line of 80% lowers..... we'll save the glories of unserialized lowers for another day...

Are there nicer polymer pistols out there? Maybe. Are there cheaper ones... you bet. Are there ones with the length of service and reliability? Not in my opinion.

Plus Glock customer service is second to none, if you have a problem or a defect, they make it right.

Ask any S&W owner how their experience has been dealing with them when there is an issue, then ask a Glock owner that got a replacement frame or their gun fixed and reconditioned to as new condition for $70 dollars

The guns run forever, the parts are f***ing everywhere, too. The magazines are everywhere, and are reliable and
cheap.

Support- Glock parts are everywhere. People that know how to do shit to Glocks are everywhere. Same cannot be said for
nearly anything else. Sig is the only one that comes close, even in terms of parts/support availability. 1911 is the king
in this department, but a 1911 is an untenable proposition for most people.

The default Glock triggers are nothing special but its the same trigger system more or less from .380 all the way through 10mm.
Good luck doing that in any other product line. (Although Springfield I think has a 10mm XD!) Skills you learn on one gun
pass to the next mostly. You can improve the triggers to be half decent without doing too much.

If you don't like em, then don't buy em. That's why there are different guns for everyone. I would suggest people who hate Glocks go
look at a Canik, an XD, or a Sig P320/P365. Or an HK VP series. Or maybe a Walther polymer gun if you're an 11/10 hipster type.

M&P? The 2.0s aren't awful but.... seriously?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkMWsO_-X7Y

Hey hey ppqs are awesome freaking guns lol...

Oh boy, here comes a newbie to tell us all that we have the wrong guns.

Lol, yes.

I'd rather at this point show people a bunch of chairs, even the ones I think are kinda shitty, and let them pick/determine the one that is the most comfortable for them.

I mean at some point there are limits (because there are some guns that are just f***ing terrible all the way around) but we are lucky enough to live in a time where there are a lot of
halfway decent choices.

Back
Top Bottom