• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I have no use for this, but I want one.

Does that mean we can expect your moob and S&W pics? [laugh]

Its a horribly, horribly impractical gun outside of a few narrow situations like hog hunting in the South or where you have a legitimate concern about having to fend off bears and you actually have the skills to draw and fire that enormous gun and get on target. Some guys like @greencobra mentioned that competitions with handguns like that or more usually T/C Contenders were more common around here, but I can't think of a club doing that in New England now.

If you want one, buy one. None of us can stop you. Its your money.

Exactly [laugh]
Have you you ever owned or driven a car that was fast? I mean fast!
Some people like to own things that they will most probably never use to their full ability.

Never thought of that!
"Remember : A walker can be used as a 'field-expedient' shooting rest"...

View attachment 430005
I used to date a physical therapist. Somehow I ended up with a fold up aluminum walker. We split, I ended up winning, because I still have the walker. I fold it up, throw it in the truck and use if for everything. Painting stand, saw horse, add a plywood plank and its a chair, cooler stand, but never thought of a shooting stand! Maybe I'll have to up the ante and make a heavyweight base to mount a reloading press on...

I hate to admit it but put it next to her, and I probably have put more miles on the walker! 😆

Its a horribly, horribly impractical gun outside of a few narrow situations like hog hunting in the South or where you have a legitimate concern about having to fend off bears
Or shooting down mounted targets and bringing down a horse, if it gets hit. Any gun exists for a reason.

Never thought of that!

I used to date a physical therapist. Somehow I ended up with a fold up aluminum walker. We split, I ended up winning, because I still have the walker. I fold it up, throw it in the truck and use if for everything. Painting stand, saw horse, add a plywood plank and its a chair, cooler stand, but never thought of a shooting stand! Maybe I'll have to up the ante and make a heavyweight base to mount a reloading press on...

I hate to admit it but put it next to her, and I probably have put more miles on the walker! 😆

I Love a Positive Recycling Story! 😍 ♻️

I bought a 500 just to have the biggest production handgun in the world. It turned out to be the most accurate handgun I ever fired. I found out something interesting. The 4" lost very little velocity compared to the 8 3/8". The 8 3/8" put all 5 rounds in 1 large hole off hand at 25 yards. I've never been able to do that with any other handgun.

I have the .460 XVR, it’s fun to ring the 100 yard gong offhand. The gun will do it all day long. If you reload, it’s a hoot. I reload it with 44.6 grains of H110. Yes, that’s a double shot of what I load for my .44 mag. It has more power than a .308 rifle. Here’s the .44 mag. Another cannon.

Attachments

• 5A264A6A-AAB2-4176-B625-CCD5BC4ED78B.jpeg
    5A264A6A-AAB2-4176-B625-CCD5BC4ED78B.jpeg
    262.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DAA81A30-3A33-4945-8927-57BE144A579B.jpeg
    DAA81A30-3A33-4945-8927-57BE144A579B.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 4
I have the .460 XVR, it’s fun to ring the 100 yard gong offhand. The gun will do it all day long. If you reload, it’s a hoot. I reload it with 44.6 grains of H110. Yes, that’s a double shot of what I load for my .44 mag. It has more power than a .308 rifle. Here’s the .44 mag. Another cannon.
Love it.
It brings back Jessica Rabbit images in my head.

There is always a need for a gun like that. You just never know when a generically modified T-Rex may start running a muck. then what. Even the awesome 40 has its limitations. That's why I'm always on the look out for a harpoon cannon. You just never know.

Back
Top Bottom