I have an answer about my Hi Power

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
I wondered about this, whether it was factory or what. No one could tell me on any other forum.

Web%20highpower1965right640.jpg

I called and spoke with Mr Jensen the historian at Browning. When I called I first got a very nice lady who said she'd be glad to transfer my call to Mr Jensen and yes, he is their historian.

Mr Jensen immediately answered the phone and was exceptionally pleasant. He sounds like he might be an older man who has been around long enough to know how to speak to people.

He was very friendly and courteous and when I gave him the serial number, he said ,Wow, that's an early one.

He said he'd look it up and get right back to me. Two hours later, he called me and told me the following:

Browning Hi Powder # T142771

shipped Aug 10, 1965 to Dow AFB Exchange, Bangor Me.

standard blued pistol

$71.40

He said that it was not uncommon for people to dress them up and that mine was exceptionally well done and was not done by a backyard gunsmith. We spoke for a few minutes, and I expressed my gratitude. I'm amazed at how courteous and helpful the staff at Browning is.

So that's it. Nothing special just a well done bubba job.

Ahhhh... the good old days. When you could possess a firearm on base.

PS. Nice Browning!

OMG unarmed military personnel protecting us civilians. What will they think of next. I did not realize this. Never gave it much thought but I would have assumed it would make sense that GI's could carry on base because you just never know.

Pilgrim nice High Power
Is that nickle plated or is it high gloss blue? It's hard to tell from my screen.
It's real sweet.

Back
Top Bottom