I Had to do it!!!....Best Pizza

Not for cannoli yesterday. Not by a long shot. The cannoli were smaller, the shell was too dense but not as crisp (considering they hand-filled it while I waited). It was 35% smaller and 10% cheaper.

As I opined to my children, Mike's does a MEGA amount of business selling their cannoli to restaurants in the Boston area. They'll deliver to you a box of shells and a pastry bag of filling. They also do a mail-order business. Ergo, Mike's has a system to making cannoli.

Modern? Not so much. So I suspect that their recipe drifts too much. 12 years ago, their filling was 10x better than Mike's when we blind-taste-tested them. This time, I was shocked that Mike's was better. I wanted and was expecting Modern to have better filling. It just didn't.

I've never ordered a single other pastry in either shop. I mean, if I'm in the North End, I'm not getting an Oreo cupcake for crying out loud.

If anyone travels near Raymond NH make it a must to stop at Pizza By George. They offer fresh made buy by the slice buffet style they typically have about a dozen different specialty recipes ready . Stuffed pizzas, stromboli, meat pies, garlic and pepperoni knots. Outstanding quality.

I've never had sex with a severely overweight, disease-ridden unwashed hairy woman, but I've had pizza that was exactly that.

Heading to Central Cafe tonight. Will keep everyone posted. ;)

Central cafe overrated. Waaaaay too much sauce. Not great sauce. Good cheese. Ok crust. Not a top 10 at all. I knew there was a reason I stopped going. They could have amazing pizza but QC makes it just middling.

New London in W. Acton has my “hometown, this is what I grew up with” vote.

And about the only reason I ever agree to visit $JOB’s corporate office is:

eta, when one of my team leads first mentioned it, I thought he said “Illuminati Pizza” …

Central cafe overrated. Waaaaay too much sauce. Not great sauce. Good cheese. Ok crust. Not a top 10 at all. I knew there was a reason I stopped going. They could have amazing pizza but QC makes it just middling.

Downtown Middleboro ? I think I tried it once.

The pot roast pizza at Stonys is good for a bar style.

Lou Malnatis is good but their pizza is dense and heavy. Two slices and you feel like you have a brick In your stomach.

Bar pizza man here. Hoeys at the Amvets in Randolph is great also love the laced pizzas at Lynwood with 1.50 Molson Canadian on tap. Old skool. Otooles in Whitman gets honorable mention as well

Bar pizza man here. Hoeys at the Amvets in Randolph is great also love the laced pizzas at Lynwood with 1.50 Molson Canadian on tap. Old skool. Otooles in Whitman gets honorable mention as well
If you like Lynwood’s Pizza, you’ll also like Town Spa in Stoughton and Spencer’s Pizza in Abington. Poopsie’s in Marshfield too.

Ah, the MSG'ites. The "Gluten sensitives" of the previous generation. ;)

Well, 2 generations. We had the peanut-allergy generation in between. Turns out, if you actually FEED your child PB early in life, the odds dramatically DROP that they'll have some sort of sensitivity to it.

wow, great thread! my first time in. [angry]
Market Basket pizza slice (1/4 pie) for $2.25 or $9.99 for a pie is really hard to beat.
i have a buddy who raves about mb pizza, never had it. just don't go in mb.

my fav in woburn was louie's in the south end. and run by an irish guy no less. haven't been in in ages. started going to gloria's in winchester but he's started scrimping and uses inferior ingredients now.

i like the sicilian pizza at roma's bakery, but again, haven't been in in a while. i'll hunker down and read the entire thread to get some places in my area, woburn, to try. oh, i use to like the pizza at deli works in stoneham, on montvale ave, heading towards rt. 93 into woburn. was very good. again, haven't been in for a while, no reason. they made a decent sicillian also if you like that kind. i like soft, thick, doughy crust, not the thin, crispy style.

Back
Top Bottom