• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I Had to do it!!!....Best Pizza

I didn't know this was an Italian-only pizza thread (I'm talking about Ted's 30+ years ago when it was right next door to Ray's barber shop. If it makes you feel better my pizza is Italian style - Sicilian to be precise). [laugh]
No disrespect to Ted’s. I ate there at least once a week, not always pizza, for almost ten years when I was overseeing a project across the street.

Ya think???? I'm gonna have to try again. My kids tend to want "stuff" pizza for the most part so I never get to CC. We end up ordering 33 different odd pizza combos from Baldie's. Decent pizza. But not classic SS bar pizza per se.

But now I'm gonna have to go try the CC sauce again. I wanna say their cheese was too. . . thick or something. Maybe too greasy. I wasn't in love enough to bother going back often. But it's been a while. And parking is the pits. LOL
Yeah parking can be a pain sometimes. Try the green pepper pizza.

This reminds me of Lowell School Pizza...

View attachment 629814

We complained about it fairly often, but damn. 1970's and early 80's school lunches were the bomb. Spaghetti. Squarzza. Am Chop Suey. Hamburgers. Salisbury steak! The only two things I never ordered were hot dogs (frickin boiled!) and fish sticks.

I'd kill for an elementary school industrial flavored brownie right now. It has such a unique taste to it.

One more - if you were one of 2-3 kids picked to help clean up, you skipped recess but you went back to class with a Dixie cup full of chopped peanuts.

We complained about it fairly often, but damn. 1970's and early 80's school lunches were the bomb. Spaghetti. Squarzza. Am Chop Suey. Hamburgers. Salisbury steak! The only two things I never ordered were hot dogs (frickin boiled!) and fish sticks.

I'd kill for an elementary school industrial flavored brownie right now. It has such a unique taste to it.

One more - if you were one of 2-3 kids picked to help clean up, you skipped recess but you went back to class with a Dixie cup full of chopped peanuts.
We still had 6 ounce glass milk bottles until 4th grade and the food was actually made by the lunch ladies and served on real plates and real silverware. I loved salisbury steak and mashed potatoes.

I've been spending some time in Falmouth over the past year or so. There is no great pizza in Falmouth, but it is expensive no matter where you go.

DiVine Pizza- hit or miss, mostly misses. Great variety of pizzas, but the is right on Main Street in the middle of things, and place is always hopping. It just seems that they rush the pizzas out (esp for takeout). Soggy and almost undercooked, like toppings sliding off the pizza on the drive home kind of soggy.
Peel PIzza: Was my favorite until recently, thin crust, crispy, sparse toppings, but tasty.
Steve's PIzza: Their menu is confusing, but the vegetarian pizza is the best I've had in the area to date. They have a meat lover's, but it looks like a heart attack waiting to happen.
Any suggestions for other places in the area?

Pachinis crust is great but the central Cafe sauce is the best.
Went there last week for the first time. Got an Italian sub which was pretty good for around here. I had a slice of cheese ( my 5yr old didn’t eat). The crust was decent. We usually get Baldies takeout. Their crust isn’t too good though.

Couple very honorable mentions…
Red Wing in Walpole - linguica on greasy cardboard plates leaking out a brown bag goodness
Boynton in Worcester - Buffalo Chicken (maybe the best)
Eagle Brook in Norfolk - Smokehouse and +1 for their blueberry beer

Red Wing in Walpole - linguica on greasy cardboard plates leaking out a brown bag goodness
Blueberry beer? I don't know how you can drink that, but it made a good opportunity for me to meet my wife. I met her at the eaglebrook and that's what she was ordering when I met her.

Oh I couldn’t drink it with those fermented blueberries they tried to spoon in there….as a plain ale it was pretty good

It’s not a bad spot but might not be everyone’s cup of tea….I didn’t deviate much from the pizza menu. Honestly most times I did, I kicked myself for doing so. Not that it was bad, just wasn’t anything special and if I’m gonna go fat kid with beer and carbs I’m gonna do it right!

Eagle Brook's buffalo chicken nachos are a must-have for us when we go
I totally agree! Pizza or buffalo chicken nachos for me.

However last time I had them the chicken was not so great. Ended up sending it back. Hope it was a one time event.

Almost went there today.

I've been spending some time in Falmouth over the past year or so. There is no great pizza in Falmouth, but it is expensive no matter where you go.

DiVine Pizza- hit or miss, mostly misses. Great variety of pizzas, but the is right on Main Street in the middle of things, and place is always hopping. It just seems that they rush the pizzas out (esp for takeout). Soggy and almost undercooked, like toppings sliding off the pizza on the drive home kind of soggy.
Peel PIzza: Was my favorite until recently, thin crust, crispy, sparse toppings, but tasty.
Steve's PIzza: Their menu is confusing, but the vegetarian pizza is the best I've had in the area to date. They have a meat lover's, but it looks like a heart attack waiting to happen.
Any suggestions for other places in the area?

Pee-zza1Subs2? Lol

Are they even still open? My folks had a house near there.

If you go to Red Wing and don’t get seafood, you need a slap. Lol

No what you do is order yourself a pie, have the wife order fisherman’s or clam bellies and just eat hers and take most of the pizza home.

No what you do is order yourself a pie, have the wife order fisherman’s or clam bellies and just eat hers and take most of the pizza home.
Do you have to remortgage your house to get a fisherman platter there? I haven't been in 15 years and it was expensive then.

Santarpios, Regina‘s North End and Polcaris in Woburn are the best pizzas I’ve had in Boston area. Huge fan of Frank Pepe’s in CT.

When I moved to Boston in the early 2000s i I ate a lot of pizza at Little Stevie's on Mass Ave and Boylston St. near Berklee.

It's since been renovated and yuppified, but back then it was grimy, and they even had a license to have pinball machines and arcade games. Most notably the parmesan and pepper flakes were chained to the wall so drunk college kids wouldn't steal them.

Back
Top Bottom