• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I Had to do it!!!....Best Pizza

that's considered "bakery pizza".. ate it a lot as a kid in Eastie when there were bakeries on practically every corner..

For Pizza.. got this beauty in Philly last summer at Lorenzo & Sons..
View attachment 380476View attachment 380477

It's weird, any time I've had huge slices like that they've been great. I remember a place on the Upper West Side like that.

I might get killed for this but it’s papa ginos for me. Not the absolute best but consistently good every time. Can’t say I’ve ever had a bad one from them.
I agree, always loved Papa Gino's. The local one to me closed, still get it now and then. Currently I either go to Comela's or DiPietro's in Malden. Not sure if they are still around, but I loved the pizza at Bianchi's on Revere Beach.

I've been a Mandee's (Lynn) person for a long time, and then I started liking Little Italy in Beverly, and now when ever I get the chance, I love getting one from Regina's in the north end.
But I always go back to Mandee's

I think it’s Rosalie's pizza in Bar Harbor me. One of the better pizzas I’ve had in my life.

In my town I go to George’s. Yes Greek.

I’ve had pizza most places in the area. Eh...

Have to say despite Town Spa getting lots of votes I was not impressed.

Another place I like is the Eagle Brook Saloon in Norfolk for a good pub pizza

There used to be a bakery in Chelsea, I think it was Katz's. they had these great bagel pizza's for $1, used to stop there all the time when working to grab a couple.

I'm not telling any more people where the really good pizza is, it's too crowded already.

Best pizza I think is in NYC and their burbs.

Even the $1/slice sold before you go thru the tunnels beats most stuff up here. I prefer Reginas to Santarpios, and do agree that for a large chain, Papa Ginos is pretty darn good. Anything but the greek pan stuff.

Bianchis when it was on revere beach was prob best I’ve had in the boston area. J&M saugus my current favorite.
I actually dislike santarpios.

And there was a place in Melrose Square that was awesome. I think it was Caruso's. Little old Italian guy, one man operation. Tremendous pizza. I think it;'s long gone....

Yes, Caruso's. After the Dad, owner, died in in 2010 the family had, is having a feud, over the property and it is still sitting empty for years. Used to get a slice of Sicilian after school on the way to work downtown. I think it was $.55 a slice.

Still fighting and sitting empty. Contaminated soil in basement.

IL Mondo’s worldly Bbq chicken pizza is the phenom. Crispy outside with airy crust and just a hint of chew to it. Ah, I’m so hungry right now...

Friends, with apologies to our Rhode Island colleagues, we can all agree (I hope) that this...

View attachment 380456

...is not pizza.
When I was a young critter, our "school lunch program" consisted of Stewart Sandwiches hot dogs, hamburgers, and something rectangular they enjoyed calling "pizza" - wrapped in cellophane and heated in one of these:
1597397146797.jpeg

There were other "healthy" items IIRC, like ice cream and cookies.

Slice in Wakefield isn't bad, even if it is in a gas station
Slice was always consistently good. I could only get it to go though. Something about sitting eating dinner in the middle of a convenience store just ruined. MUCH better when they were in the little building on the corner of the lot before they renovated the gas station and tore it down.
I haven't been there in a few years since I moved out of town, but Morena's in Wakefeld, MA was great, especially the square Sicilian style.

And there was a place in Melrose Square that was awesome. I think it was Caruso's. Little old Italian guy, one man operation. Tremendous pizza. I think it;'s long gone....
I was never a huge fan of Morena's but I really like their sauce. My inlaws would always go there. Caruso's was our go to pizza when I lived in Melrose growing up, its a shame that the family couldnt keep the place open and decided to fight over the building instead for decades.

Back
Top Bottom