• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I guess my G26 is headed back to the factory...

2007 or earlier? Where was that number pulled from? [laugh]

All the newer Glocks I bought were built after that date, and I only ever had problems with a couple of the Gen4s, which got resolved, and my G26Gen4 worked fine from day 1. I also have a newish Gen3 G34, works great.

I do agree though that there has been evidence that their QC is slipping- they're probably falling into the same trap Sig, Kimber, etc, are. [thinking]

I feel bad for the OP, it looks like he is getting the run-around. These intermittent problems are the worst to diagnose, too.

-Mike

Yup I feel bad too. I keep scratching my head trying to think WTF is causing this. My Gen4 G19 that was born December 2011 has been running fine, no issues whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Shit this looks bad [thinking] , from another forum,

There's nothing wrong with that ejector. Some recent production Glocks, Gen3 and Gen4 9/40/357, have had a problem with erratic ejection caused by the extractor not firmly holding the rim of the spent casing to the breech face. It can be caused by an out-of-spec extractor which can simply be replaced, but in some cases using an extractor known to work properly in another gun doesn't fix the problem. I had a Gen3 G27 that had the problem, replacing the extractor with one known to work properly didn't fix it. From what I can tell, Glock machined the slide incorrectly, the cut-out which holds the extractor is positioned too far forward, and the forward portion of the cut-out wasn't cut deep enough into the slide. Using the new .40 28926 ejector fixed the problem.

Crazy!!!!

Another trip to the range, another few jams.

I have determined that the "dented" casings are "normal." They are the ones that actually get extracted and make it out of the ejection port; the dent is from hitting the bottom of the port on the way out. Some research has convinced me that the dents are pretty common for "normal" Glocks. I examined my most recent FTE casings carefully, and they are not dented, because they never made it out of the chamber. Duh. So I'm back to extractor/extractor plunger/extractor plunger spring/spring-loaded bearing as the primary suspects. Glock claims they replaced the extractor the first time I sent it in, so I'll call that good for now. So my primary suspect is the plunger spring being too weak, allowing the claw to slip off the rim during the extraction process. I replaced it previously with a stock Glock spring with no improvement. So it's back to the factory tomorrow. At least they are paying for the shipping this time.

Same, good luck. I guess you just got a lemon which sucks. I have only heard of minor problems if any on the G26. Let us know how you make out. Even a working G26 doesn't dent the casing that bad, just a little. This is mindboggling and if Glock can't fix it they should just give you a brand new one.

All my gen 4 40s and 45s run fine. I dont buy 9mm. The 26 and 27 didnt change anyway except for the frame.

You got a lemon ive had 10 glocks and none have spent dented casings or left brass markings.

Either they fix it or you just sell it and buy another one instead of wasting time and money back and forth. Odds are the new or next one you get will be fine

Send the dented cartridges to Glock if you have not done so already. That is not normal. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Here is the latest (and hopefully final) status. Glock sent me a prepaid shipping label this time, so it didn't cost me another $70 to comply with their overnight shipping requirement. But they couldn't get the gun to misbehave. I asked them to put another couple hundred rounds through it; still nothing. They were willing to send me a new replacement gun at that point, despite the fact that they couldn't reproduce the problem. Then they realized I'm currently living in Mass, and told me there was nothing they could do except send me the same gun back. I suggested that they replace every part on the gun except the "gun" (frame) itself, which they immediately agreed to do. So I got it back with a new slide, barrel and all internal components and springs. I've had it apart a couple of times already. The recoil spring is the only thing that looks any different than before; it's got some sort of shield between the inner and outer springs. This shield was not present on the original spring or the set of factory replacement springs I bought when I was trying to fix the problem myself.

Anyway, I now have several hundred rounds through it using various ammo and various mags, with no problems. I think it's fixed. I just wish I knew what the problem was. Thanks for all the concern and helpful comments here, especially those of you that PM'd with offers of help and spare parts. And a thumbs up to Glock customer service. [thumbsup]

If you got a new slide they must have given you a new one. From what I hear, the new guns do not have a "dipped extractor". That is that the extractor has been redesigned to fix the problem.

Despite mass laws, Glock was able to help you.

Good for you.

Great story.

---

I corrected the terms I used. I was wrong to say dimpled ejector when I meant dipped extractor.

Here is it:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1433595

Last edited:
I wish somebody at Glock would get a clue. Ship a replacement frame to a dealer who understands the compliance BS, ship the rest of it directly to you.

A frame / receiver under federal law in a gun....
A frame under mass law is not a fire arm . In theory you could sell one to a person with out a Ltc. Does not need a fa10 etc . It depends on the FFl what they think is the law.

I wish somebody at Glock would get a clue. Ship a replacement frame to a dealer who understands the compliance BS, ship the rest of it directly to you.

I agree that there are a lot of loopholes that they could try to exploit. But they have no incentive to try, and lots of disincentives because of the ridiculous laws here. I am glad they go as far as they do. They did me right in this case. And as soon as I get out of here in a year or so, I'm going to give them some more of my business.

Back
Top Bottom