I graduated law school!

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
The good thing about law school, is that once you pass the BAR and get your license, that's it. You're done. No residency, no apprentice training, you're good to go.

If you want to be a thoracic surgeon
-4 years undergrad
-4 years med school
-5 years general surgery residency
-2 years thoracic surgery fellowship
-continuing medical education every year to maintain license
-age 50+: Mercedez-Benz

Congratulations. You won't make any money as a 2A attorney in NH. BTW, Mass said they're holding the Bar Exam in September with or without the UBE

I've been thinking about what I want to "do" after clerking and I think 2A work would become a nice side niche, rather than as a mainstay. Depends, I might end up as corporate in-house counsel. I'm honestly not sure which practice area I want to work in because I have a knack for corporate and real estate law but I would rather be fighting the good fight.

Yeah, I saw that about Mass. My original plan was to sit for the Mass exam. Then, with all the COVID lockdowns, I started looking around and decided to fast-forward my "get thyself back to the woods" plans. I'm glad I did, because in addition to maybe not having a UBE exam, Mass is prioritizing in-state law schools first for limited seats. Meaning, an out of state school like mine (or UNH, UMaine, VT) might be SOL, where the students attend an out of state school but most students sit for Mass's exam. If seats run out before applications open up to out of state school students, then schools like mine are screwed because all the otherwise Mass applicants are going to have to apply to RI. RI has a 276 passing score rather than 270 and is rather "protectionist" in admitting newbs.

I figure NH is my best shot right now considering if its UBE, great, that'll transfer if needed. If not UBE, oh well, I liked NH plenty when in undergrad and when I spent my 1L summer internship up there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations bud! You’ve earned it and I hope your posts continue to enrich this forum as you crystallize your stance on the 2A fight.

Thank Christ [laugh]

Things have been very chaotic for me for the last few days because, unbeknownst to myself and my law school, Maine capped their applicant pool and closed their exam applications for the summer bar exam, which was moved back from July to September. So, I cranked out a NH bar application and I'll be sitting for the NH September bar exam. I also have a job lined up for after law school with the RI courts for a year.

So, why is this in GD and not off-topic? Two reasons.

(1) I got an AK as a graduation gift! Zastava M70 ZPAP. Pics below. Loving the gun and will test it out next week. Very nice trigger.

(2) Our graduation ceremony got moved to Zoom, where an associate dean is going to read off the names of the graduating students. I'm good on that. Instead, I'll be attending a 3-gun match (which is definitely happening) on the 17th.

AK Pics:

View attachment 355758
View attachment 355759
Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom