I get pissed off when...

I've heard this before from soneone and I must say it works.

You might have to play the half game.

How do you play you ask? Simple. If you buy a Russian SKS for $300, you tell her you paid $150. A new AR upper for $600, tell her it cost you $300. You also have to go into detail about what a steal and hell of a deal the gun was and you can always sell it for twice as much, that way you always remember what you paid for it, and if something happens to you and she sells them, she gets actual value while you rot in the ground.[wink]

I too am lucky in that I can tell my wife what I really do pay for my guns because most are fairly inexpensive compared to some of the toys you folks buy. The fact that I can sell a BNZ code K98 Mauser for money to get 100 gallons of heating oil also helps keep her from making comments when I buy new guns because she understands the "investment" process in surplus collecting now.

Before we got married I told her that I don't stop at bars on the way home from work, I don't sit in front of the TV on Sunday's and watch sports. My only hobby is firearms and she will go before they will. 25 great years of marriage.

I've heard this before from soneone and I must say it works.

You might have to play the half game.

How do you play you ask? Simple. If you buy a Russian SKS for $300, you tell her you paid $150. A new AR upper for $600, tell her it cost you $300. You also have to go into detail about what a steal and hell of a deal the gun was and you can always sell it for twice as much, that way you always remember what you paid for it, and if something happens to you and she sells them, she gets actual value while you rot in the ground.[wink]

I too am lucky in that I can tell my wife what I really do pay for my guns because most are fairly inexpensive compared to some of the toys you folks buy. The fact that I can sell a BNZ code K98 Mauser for money to get 100 gallons of heating oil also helps keep her from making comments when I buy new guns because she understands the "investment" process in surplus collecting now.

I hope she doesn't read this forum [wink]

Back
Top Bottom