• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I found a new one a half mile from my house in Concord

I've lived in Concord for three years and had no idea this place was just down the street from me Musketaquid Sportsmen's Club.

I happened to see a poster on a telephone pole about a BBQ dinner and followed the sign down through a residential area off Rte 62 and into this paradise. I mean, it is beautiful. You would think you were in the middle of the White Mountains. Beautiful clubhouse and a tree-lined fishing lake that must be at least twenty or thirty acres. They have monthly dinners and Sunday brunches and all kinds of kids activities.

That's the good news. The bad news is that their membership is capped at 100. They don't even have a website.

One of the members spent quite a while with me and went through all the requirements and he was very polite, but I came to realize that as a single guy I have no real chance of breaking through that list.

By the way, on the general discussion forum there is a topic about how nobody comes to meetings. This club was packed floor to ceiling and apparently they are all required to do work service and some of the club members have built an addition to the building. Everybody seems to pitch in. It appears to be a good formula. I wish I could join.

Back
Top Bottom